5 Apps on WP8 to help photographers

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was doing some research when I found this: 5 Photography Apps for Windows Phone 8 it features a 'toolbag' kind of app that will give photgraphers that know what they're doing some really useful information. Stuff like calculators for depth of field, hyperfocal distance, light metres for help if you're using a proper DSLR.
There's also apps for tracking the earth, sun and moon as well as tools for exposure and an ND converter.

I thought someone out there might find this stuff useful!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Good find. That first app looks particularly interesting. They definitely should appeal to the serious and knowledgeable photographer. Which I am most certainly not!

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Photo-Info might also be an interesting tool for you. It's an extension for the Windows Phone Photo-Hub, so you can read picture information (even EXIF-tags) with just one tap. In addition, you can see the location of your picture on a map.

CuteBug

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Check out my app Pixontal which helps photographers to capture images in true horizontal orientation. It provides features which help you modify camera parameters to capture the best photo.

Pixontal

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Right the 1520 takes a 5mp and 19mp. Which one do we view when i look at the picture I took? Is it the 19mp or 5mp? I know you can only access one of them through PC

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Right the 1520 takes a 5mp and 19mp. Which one do we view when i look at the picture I took? Is it the 19mp or 5mp? I know you can only access one of them through PC

With Nokia Camera, you can see the 16MP shots. You can only view the RAW/DNG from a PC.

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
With Nokia Camera, you can see the 16MP shots. You can only view the RAW/DNG from a PC.
So when taking pictures with the 4:3 at 5mp + 19mp the gallery views the 19mp image? Then uses the 5mp image for facebook ect? Just confused as I opened photo info in camera 360 app on a picture I took with Nokia camera a it said it was a 5mp image

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was doing some research when I found this: 5 Photography Apps for Windows Phone 8 it features a 'toolbag' kind of app that will give photgraphers that know what they're doing some really useful information. Stuff like calculators for depth of field, hyperfocal distance, light metres for help if you're using a proper DSLR.
There's also apps for tracking the earth, sun and moon as well as tools for exposure and an ND converter.

I thought someone out there might find this stuff useful!

Awesome, thank you.

Spyros P

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
If you like developing your own B&W films, the simple app called Darkroom Stopwatch (unfortunately, due to having less than 10 posts, I can't post a link)might be useful (it has proven useful for me!). You enter the developing time and frequency of agitations and it provides a useful timer.

madeinpda

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
shameless plug...I wrote this exif reader ( i like it...any feedback would be great)

Hey! IIt's ok. Keep on with it!
If you plan to expand functionality to a toolbox to fill all the gaps our lumias has ... I have some suggestions:
-I wish to have an histogram!
-I wish to be able to make resized versions of an image

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39