Denim Camera 5 on Lumia 930

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit the update on my L930 is nothing short of spectacular. Usually when companies describe updates, I count on a marginal improvement at best. I suspected this might be better since MS actually published detailed descriptions and videos started leaking. However, I did not expect that my L930 would now be the best camera phone I have owned - even taking into account the 808 Pureview.

The image processor is phenomenal - natural colors; low noise - even in low light and on Auto.

LED Flash - cannot believe it - the underlit, dark green tint on these shots is GONE. The LED's even surpass Xenon in light delivery and natural colors under flash!

Lumia Moments - accomplishes what MS Burst and Nokia Smartcam attempted. I am finding the long press accessed 4K Video + Lumia moments extremely useful! The stills extracted from video are highest quality and almost indistinguishable from dedicated still shots! I had tried smartcam before but gave it up quickly because of the low quality. This new system opens up so many opportunities and can be done on the fly without taking precious seconds to change from photo to video.

Camera Open; Shot - to - shot
Again, I took the claims about this with a grain of salt, believing the difference would be a bit noticeable but nothing special. Happy to say I was completely wrong on this! Difference is HUGE. And outperforms point-n-click cameras I have owned with the long-press-to4KVideo feature. Great for capturing active or difficult subjects!

Rich Capture/HDR: Not much to say here other than it works great! With exception to filter presets, equals any 3rd party programs. If you want HDR + Sepia, color filters, etc - hold onto your 4Blend and HDR Camera apps. But if you just want a kickass HDR shot, you need go no further than Lumia Camera now.

Battery Life.
Hey physics is physics. The phone itself does great on the battery - I think same or better with Denim update, but can't say I've seen a big difference. However, if you are using your L930 for a full out photo shoot - better have that external battery charger in your pocket!

In all, I am VERY happy with this update - I am glad MS has seen the wisdom of continuing Nokia's efforts in the pursuit of building in the best imaging. Yes, flashing my phone to get this update was a bit of a hassle, but my 1st hour using the camera made it completely worth it.

coolferry

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit the update on my L930 is nothing short of spectacular. Usually when companies describe updates, I count on a marginal improvement at best. I suspected this might be better since MS actually published detailed descriptions and videos started leaking. However, I did not expect that my L930 would now be the best camera phone I have owned - even taking into account the 808 Pureview.

The image processor is phenomenal - natural colors; low noise - even in low light and on Auto.

LED Flash - cannot believe it - the underlit, dark green tint on these shots is GONE. The LED's even surpass Xenon in light delivery and natural colors under flash!

Lumia Moments - accomplishes what MS Burst and Nokia Smartcam attempted. I am finding the long press accessed 4K Video + Lumia moments extremely useful! The stills extracted from video are highest quality and almost indistinguishable from dedicated still shots! I had tried smartcam before but gave it up quickly because of the low quality. This new system opens up so many opportunities and can be done on the fly without taking precious seconds to change from photo to video.

Camera Open; Shot - to - shot
Again, I took the claims about this with a grain of salt, believing the difference would be a bit noticeable but nothing special. Happy to say I was completely wrong on this! Difference is HUGE. And outperforms point-n-click cameras I have owned with the long-press-to4KVideo feature. Great for capturing active or difficult subjects!

Rich Capture/HDR: Not much to say here other than it works great! With exception to filter presets, equals any 3rd party programs. If you want HDR + Sepia, color filters, etc - hold onto your 4Blend and HDR Camera apps. But if you just want a kickass HDR shot, you need go no further than Lumia Camera now.

Battery Life.
Hey physics is physics. The phone itself does great on the battery - I think same or better with Denim update, but can't say I've seen a big difference. However, if you are using your L930 for a full out photo shoot - better have that external battery charger in your pocket!

In all, I am VERY happy with this update - I am glad MS has seen the wisdom of continuing Nokia's efforts in the pursuit of building in the best imaging. Yes, flashing my phone to get this update was a bit of a hassle, but my 1st hour using the camera made it completely worth it.

Request you to share camera samples after the denim update.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Samples..

WP_20150101_08_01_36_Moment(2).jpg
B2 in flight - extracted via Lumia Moments from full 4K Video set at highest resolution

WP_20150101_10_37_19_Raw.jpg
The obligatory macro floral shot..

WP_20141226_12_47_47_Moment(4).jpg
Portrait extracted from full res 4K Video

MomentsHawkAction.jpg
Hawk - Moments from Long Button Press - Basic Action

MomentsParrotAction.jpg
Parrots - Moments from Long Button Press - Basic Action

MomentsParrotActionHS.jpg
Parrots - 1 Frame High Speed Action

More:
Flickr Albums that have full res original upload quality..

Christmas Day (80's portrait at the start is a scan with L930 denim!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/antiochian/sets/72157649977659775/

New Year's Day
https://www.flickr.com/photos/antiochian/sets/72157649996011716/

B2 Flyover Video - Set the gear wheel at bottom of YouTube Screen to highest res then wait for buffer load to get full effect.. Shot 4K Video highest res..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLloK5EUdI

Note: right now I am uploading full original B2 video to Flickr; when it finishes (takes awhile - 700MB), I will add to this thread..

In the meantime.. enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro