RAW images

luter_1

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1020 and have been waiting for a proper upgrade. But one of the draws was the RAW capability. Do the newer Lumias have this capability? Especially the new 950s?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How do I ensure that my camera on the 950 XL is capturing a raw file ? I thought it would do that automatically but I have just checked some recent pics on my SD Card from the phone on my computer and I don't see any files with a DNG extension. I see some files with an NAR extension and don't know what those are or in what app I can view them.

FAQ - FAQ - Which features does my Lumia with Windows 10 support? - Microsoft - Philippines

From the above link:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LIST]

You can add the 950 and 950 XL to both those lists.

And that expanded list should also all be getting higher frame rate for Slow Motion Video capture as well when Win 10 Mo goes official or shortly after RTM.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In Camera > settings > you need to select JPG + DNG... I believe the default is JPG + JPG.

NAR is an archive.

They may be getting labeled as raw_high res?

I don't have a W10M device at this time. Sorry.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As long as you have selected for the phone to save the file in JPG + DNG, your phone will take any new pictures with .dng file extensions, which you can open in Photoshop or Lightroom etc for editing.

snapr

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've selected 8mp + dng but the phone, 950XL, is only capturing two 8mp jpeg's. I've installed Rawer; but can't locate any dng files. Any advice would be appreciated. ☺

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've selected 8mp + dng but the phone, 950XL, is only capturing two 8mp jpeg's. I've installed Rawer; but can't locate any dng files. Any advice would be appreciated. ☺

Can you share a screenshot of the setting in your camera app, and a screenshot of the camera roll when you connect the device to the PC?

snapr

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Once the phone was connected the dng files appeared:-
Lumia DNG.JPG
Lumia Screengrab.jpg
Files open straightaway in PS Raw too.
Adobe Camera Raw.JPG
Many thanks for your help. Appreciated. I thought the dng files would be visible in the phone's camera roll. Apologies for the mundane kitchen floor shot ? test purpose only. ☺

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Once the phone was connected the dng files appeared:-

Many thanks for your help. Appreciated. I thought the dng files would be visible in the phone's camera roll. Apologies for the mundane kitchen floor shot — test purpose only. ☺

dng photos don't appear in camera roll

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo