Is manual focus possible?

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 520 I seem to be stuck with auto focus which sometimes produces blurry photos. Last night I took about 20 photos of the same traffic accident and they were all blurry. I tried tapping a few different parts of the screen, I tried pressing the button instead of tapping the screen, I tried different zooms, different ISO, and different exposures. All looked clear until snapping the photo.

I'm using the app called "Camera" which I assume is Lumia Camera. Will Windows camera allow me to manually focus? And is it coming to the Lumia 520?

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with the apps that come with the OS because I don't want a Microsoft account to download apps. So I'm wondering if my 520 will get a Windows Phone 10 update and a new camera app that allows manual focus.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with the apps that come with the OS because I don't want a Microsoft account to download apps. So I'm wondering if my 520 will get a Windows Phone 10 update and a new camera app that allows manual focus.

So all your apps haven't even been updated too...
Make a dummy MS account just for app downloads and stuff! or something. You're shooting your enjoyment of the phone in the foot here! Especially since some of 8.1's stuff like Music and Calendar have been updated to fix stuff since launch. (especially music, which was a disaster back in the day.)

If your 520 isn't carrier branded it'll get it when the other 520's do. I don't recall when that is, there isn't a specific date.

You can get on the Insider program if your impatience outweighs the need for the phone to be as reliable as technologically possible. But you'll need an MS account because its not a stock app.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
So all your apps haven't even been updated too...
Make a dummy MS account just for app downloads and stuff! or something. You're shooting your enjoyment of the phone in the foot here! Especially since some of 8.1's stuff like Music and Calendar have been updated to fix stuff since launch. (especially music, which was a disaster back in the day.)

If your 520 isn't carrier branded it'll get it when the other 520's do. I don't recall when that is, there isn't a specific date.

You can get on the Insider program if your impatience outweighs the need for the phone to be as reliable as technologically possible. But you'll need an MS account because its not a stock app.
apps update will automatically proceed when the phone have wifi connection even if you don't have ms account signed in. but you can't download/install new app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if my 520 will get a Windows Phone 10 update and a new camera app that allows manual focus.

You should have Lumia Camera. It's an App baked into the image.

Looks like 520 won't get W10M official due to 4GB storage and 512MB RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb