Realised that there's a photo timer function in Windows 10 Camera app, so I made a timelapse.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I'll have to remember that you can do this. I assume you took continuous shots from a tripod and then stitched them together? Movie Maker?

I like the music, nice touch. I think it works better for a short sequence with just the sky and against a horizon was more interesting.Especially with the color of the sunset.

Here's a couple quick ones I've done in Hyperlapse (check it out in the Store).

Darius_520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
You are almost right. I used 2 second timer (which is about 3.5 second time in reality, as the timer doesn't count the time it takes to take the picture), and put all the photos in Sony Vegas Pro 13 after watching a video on how to do it properly so I would get 30fps. I didn't use a tripod; I just put the phone on something stable enough to hold it. In the first scene the phone was put on a pile of bricks and the phone fell on the side during the last minutes (I cut that out), but I already had almost 2 hours of footage from that video alone and the battery was at 3%. In second and third scenes the phone was put on a log :D.
2 hours is about the maximum my phone can handle without a battery bank. Before starting I would turn on filght mode to save some battery.

Hope that helped :D And sorry for bad grammar as I suck in long texts...

P.S. After trying, and trying I still can't open your videos. Tried on my phone and it was only white in your post :/

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
timelapse can be done by 3 apps as far as I know.

Proshot where you can change settings just like in normal camera app, whether it's exposure, iso, white balance, focus etc. You can choose time intervals from 2s to an hour I think. And it has a feature where the screen is off to conserve battery

Timelapse pro - don't know if this is still available - had simpler controls and less flexibility

And now MS camera app where you can change settings and then take photos but like our friend above has mentioned, the upper time interval is 20s

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For best time-lapse results, disable location, put phone on flight mode and screen brightness to low. Keep away from heat. This will help you take more photos thus having a longer time-lapse. It also helps if you can charge your phone while taking the time-lapse. Or get an extra power bank that you can connect. For example, I've been able to take 360 shots at full res on my 1020 with a single charge. That's 12 seconds of time-lapse at 30fps

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
timelapse can be done by 3 apps as far as I know.

Proshot where you can change settings just like in normal camera app, whether it's exposure, iso, white balance, focus etc. You can choose time intervals from 2s to an hour I think. And it has a feature where the screen is off to conserve battery

Timelapse pro - don't know if this is still available - had simpler controls and less flexibility

And now MS camera app where you can change settings and then take photos but like our friend above has mentioned, the upper time interval is 20s

Wich phone got timelapse? 650 not >.< I'll try an external app and a windshiel cell holder...

Darius_520

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
For best time-lapse results, disable location, put phone on flight mode and screen brightness to low. Keep away from heat. This will help you take more photos thus having a longer time-lapse. It also helps if you can charge your phone while taking the time-lapse. Or get an extra power bank that you can connect. For example, I've been able to take 360 shots at full res on my 1020 with a single charge. That's 12 seconds of time-lapse at 30fps

That's what I did with my phone, but thanks for sharing some tips :) It is pretty strange that a Lumia 1020 can only take 360 pictures before being dead. Is it because it hasn't got a very large battery or because of the insane pixel count?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That's what I did with my phone, but thanks for sharing some tips :) It is pretty strange that a Lumia 1020 can only take 360 pictures before being dead. Is it because it hasn't got a very large battery or because of the insane pixel count?

both actually. It takes a lot of processing power to process a 41mp image. Even if you decide to take a 12mp image the camera still has to process it and downsize it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234