Office365 tops 400 million paid users. Microsoft credits Copilot AI for Office growth

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Co-pilot (like most other LLM based apps) is to all intents and purposes, betaware or, in modern terminology: early access. The real products are still a year or more away.

Basically MS is staking out its turf in their tried and true strategy of "What's mine is mine--enterprise accounts--and what's yours is negotiable." Now they have to backfill their claims to keep what they've marked out. And that's just the beginning.

While many wonder about LLM uses at the consumer level, MS is looking in other directions, where a lot of negotiation is going on, mostly unnoticed, like the deals they've cooked with Siemens, Rockwell, and others for *industrial* uses of the tech. That is new ground for MS. And don't forget NUANCE...

ShavedMonkey

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Copilot has not even really available yet for corporate customers (and is an additional monthly $ fee) - so I think attributing the Office365 users to Copilot is a long bow at this early stage - and more a justification of the very very large spend thus far.

Reactions: Laura Knotek