As The Elder Scrolls turns 30, Bethesda comments on The Elder Scrolls 6, 'returning to Tamriel has filled us with the same joy

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I started Elder Scrolls with Morrowind. I had been aware of Arena, which came out just before I finished college, but it seemed too big and open without a real plot or characters and hadn't interested me. That might have been a bad assessment, but that was my impression of the game at the time. I instead played the Origin games, like Underworld and System Shock, having been a fan of theirs since Ultima II. But Morrowind was amazing. Brilliant game.

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
I started Elder Scrolls with Morrowind. I had been aware of Arena, which came out just before I finished college, but it seemed too big and open without a real plot or characters and hadn't interested me. That might have been a bad assessment, but that was my impression of the game at the time. I instead played the Origin games, like Underworld and System Shock, having been a fan of theirs since Ultima II. But Morrowind was amazing. Brilliant game.
Morrowind, too, here.
(It absolutely needs a remake.)

A friend recommended it and I Looked into it.
(She joined the Morag Tong and killed every killable NPC. Fun times.)

A side effect: it was cheaper to buy the XBOX than upgrade my PC so it taught me the virtues of couch RPGing. The same came with Oblivion and by then there was Kotor, JADE EMPIRE, the RAVEN XMEN LEGENDS, OVERLOARD, even TWO WORLDS, and THE WITCHER.And of course, MASS EFFECT and DRAGON AGE.

To this day, all the great WRPGs play best on XBOX.

Reactions: GraniteStateColin

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Morrowind, too, here.
(It absolutely needs a remake.)

A friend recommended it and I Looked into it.
(She joined the Morag Tong and killed every killable NPC. Fun times.)

A side effect: it was cheaper to buy the XBOX than upgrade my PC so it taught me the virtues of couch RPGing. The same came with Oblivion and by then there was Kotor, JADE EMPIRE, the RAVEN XMEN LEGENDS, OVERLOARD, even TWO WORLDS, and THE WITCHER.And of course, MASS EFFECT and DRAGON AGE.

To this day, all the great WRPGs play best on XBOX.

Ah, KOTOR. Given the tech of its day, that was my favorite game of all time until the Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk 2077 (and Ultima IV on Apple in the way-back era). I remained a Windows/PC gamer until... Fallout 3, I think. But that was on PS3, which I grabbed at the time mainly for the Blu-Ray player. The first Xbox I owned was the Xbox One. Mostly happy in that MS ecosystem now.

Yeah, playing on the couch on a console is so much easier and has reached the good-enough level for me in terms of graphics quality and performance. It gets a little strained late in a console generation, when graphics are so far behind modern PC's, but so much easier, I put up with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788