List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have not gone to it too deep but so far what i dont like is
Lock Screen.
I wish it remained as it was on WP8. I used to make wallpapers myself but now they dont "work"
this for example asd.jpg
above the white line on top it would show all connections and that stuff
white box in the middle - time and whatsapp message
and white line at the bottom - lockscreen notifications
now it's not right, doesnt fit, and new pic's wont work ((

Notification Center
where is the icon for data connection ?
more about data settings - why did they remove connection speed (2g, 3g, lte) I have 928 on tmobile and to send sms i need to switch to 2g. Known issue

Keyboard.
Why did they remove the comma (,) I know it's under dot (.) I,also,know,some,people,used,to,type,like,this,hitting,comma,instead,of,space)) but common really
and I dont like the little icons that show up while i type "type [phone] and phone icon show up"

Gallery/ Photo
kind of dont like the ALL section and why are all photo editing apps removed from there. (I know you can open picture and hit edit)

App list
Dont like games being showed there

Jorlon

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I still have my comma in my keyboard on 8.1 also as for the notification center you can change what icons you want to be shown at the top in the settings.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
App list
Dont like games being showed there
Argh I'm so annoyed that games are shown in the App list!! I have too many apps as it is and always feel the need to uninstall apps that I never use to make it easier to find apps that I use often enough to keep but not often enough to pin to start. Now I have twice as many apps in that list! Really, really annoying!

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The lack of a data connection icon in the notification center is also the first bad thing I noticed. I hope they will include it soon with some update

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Also noticed that I can't use the image theme option with the tiles that I happen to have pinned to start. It just doesn't work as most of them don't display transparent. Bit of a shame, but that's probably just a problem that's unique to me right now.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have not been able to completely delve into the preview, but here are a few things:
There should be a toggle for the data connection in the action center. I would also like to see smaller toggles so more than 4 can possibly be shown at one time.

I do not like the games from the hub being added to the app list. I think it would be better to have an option for them to be there are still under the games hub.

I am not a fan of the new photo gallery. I was hoping there would be an option to actually add an album and move photos accordingly, but there is not.

I am slowly playing with Cortana and I can understand she is a "personal assistant", but do not like the notion of do not disturb being strickly tied to her. I think it should be separate of the need of Cortana. It is not universally avaiable and I am sure others in non-Cortana areas would still like the DND feature.

The settings menu needs to be cleaned up. It is just a long list of both MS and Nokia (have a 928) settings. There needs to be some better organization and de-clutter of what is going on in there.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have the comma and LTE still shows up next to the connection bars on the main status at the top.Nothing in notification area. I will miss the photo editing apps from within Photos. App list is really long now but I was overdue for uninstalling games I don't play anyway.

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
A small thing, but i don't like the lack of variety of search engine; on the desktop their is bing, google, yahoo, ask jeeves etc. but we are strikly tied to two options.

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard.
Why did they remove the comma (,) I know it's under dot (.) I,also,know,some,people,used,to,type,like,this,hitting,comma,instead,of,space)) but common really
and I dont like the little icons that show up while i type "type [phone] and phone icon show up"

Do you have more than one keyboard? If so, go to settings > Keyboard > Advanced > Tick the "Show a comma key when available".

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't delved deep into this but I don't believe you can modify your facebook calendar from the built in calendar anymore. That was one of my favorite features from the previous OS. It allowed me to really use my facebook account as a second calendar for events. The events still show up on my calendar, I just can't modify or select "Attending" "Not Attending". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I asked again and again here but never got a reply. I see why now, still can't dictate punctuation or multiple sentences like siri. I use my voice text feature several times every day and this has been the one thing I have envied from the other OSs. I know it's probably not important to everyone else, but it just seems like a simple fix and oversight to me. I literally NEVER talk about question marks or periods. When I say those words, I really want them to come up as punctuation. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong about this feature not being present.

Magnitude1

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't like that cortana doesn't write emails.
In interest- Daily routine- I would love to see mass transit. imagine getting alerts that your train is delayed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo