What should Microsoft officially call Project Scorpio?

John Callaham

Staff Writer
May 28, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft will have another name for "Project Scorpio" when it is officially released in late 2017. But what do you think it should be? The Xbox One Pro? The Xbox Two?

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to think it might be good for Microsoft to keep something based on the Scorpio name. Sure, it might be a bit different from regular branding, but it's the name currently in the minds of gamers. But realistically Microsoft will be changing to a more professional name for a public release.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Kick *** !!!

Seriously though,

I am expecting something along the lines of Xbox 4K. It is technically the 4th Xbox Console anyway. It fits with the generation of the console as well as the purpose of the console.

nycholas

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Xbox 4k. This will allow them to use the name "Xbox 5" for their next console and finally be on par with PlayStations naming system. The only reason they didn't use numbers before like PlayStation is because they were a generation behind. The Xbox 360 was almost called Xbox 3, but they didn't want to have a random number skip to be on par with PlayStation. Notice how they still started it with a 3 though. Xbox 360..

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think just making it an Xbox would be a step in the right direction. Especially if they are really trying to do away with the whole upgrade every 3 years thing because it would allow them to just continue updating the box and software.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Xbox One Poison. Or "The poison" for short.

They need some more jazz/branding in console names. Scorpio is excellent by itself. Look at how well razer do with this.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
XBox

Hit the reset button on the naming before the whole numbers thing gets overly confusing

Plus it'll go hand in hand with the Surface line dropping the number too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte