Rogers Data Plans can kill you

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Rogers prices are insane. I had to switch over to prepaid not because I wanted to, I had to, monthly bill too high for me at this time. The problem, when I do decide to go back to monthly, I use typically 6 gigs of data a month Rogers cost $125.00 a month, not including taxes. I know some people opt to not have internet at home and use their phone for data and everything in-between.

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Bell and telus are the same in terms of prices also... I keep telling people when they upgrade their phone to ask for a loyalty plan, that's what I did with bell, you can save some money if one of the loyalty plans fits your needs.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Bell and telus are the same in terms of prices also... I keep telling people when they upgrade their phone to ask for a loyalty plan, that's what I did with bell, you can save some money if one of the loyalty plans fits your needs.

I have other Bell services, Bell didn't offer me any discount when I was on monthly. There was nothing to upgrade for me, new phone, new line. At $80 for 6 gigs wouldn't be too bad but $125.00 arghh.

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I have other Bell services, Bell didn't offer me any discount when I was on monthly. There was nothing to upgrade for me, new phone, new line. At $80 for 6 gigs wouldn't be too bad but $125.00 arghh.

I agree with the prices being too high. I remember when you could get a 6 GB data add-on for $30 about 3 years ago (which I had before I had to change my plan when I got a new phone about a year ago) now they want $65 for 6 GB of data on top of the $60 for unlimited calls & texts.
I got lucky and got a loyalty 80 plan with bell when I upgraded.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Honestly that WIND Mobile promotion of 44$ for Unlimited Data, Talk, Text nation-wide + 10$ Service Credit for roaming is tempting the only problem is that they only use 2 frequencies AWS 700 and 2100 which I believe none of the Windows Phones have. (Besides the AT&T 920) Each Windows Phone would have one but not the other so you can't really use WIND Mobile.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My Windows Phone is not compatible with Wind. Everyone always suggests Wind as a inexpensive carrier, and each and every time I have to tell them their frequency is not compatible with my phone, I suspect everyone assumes you have an iPhone and a Samsung, supposedly even iPhone 6 is not compatible with Wind, that may have change or I could be wrong last I read !

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly that WIND Mobile promotion of 44$ for Unlimited Data, Talk, Text nation-wide + 10$ Service Credit for roaming is tempting the only problem is that they only use 2 frequencies AWS 700 and 2100 which I believe none of the Windows Phones have. (Besides the AT&T 920) Each Windows Phone would have one but not the other so you can't really use WIND Mobile.

It's 1700/2100 AWS. The Rogers and Telus 1020 have these bands and work fine on Wind. 😃

The ATT 1020 has these bands also but ATT disables them.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Check out the Fido BYOD plans: 5Gb for $84+tx. Seems more interesting than Rogers and Bell. I'm on a Fido 1Gb @ $55 plan for 2 years, paid $60 for the 830. Serves me well so far.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
That is why Rogers want me to switch from my old $30/6GB plan, I said NO, I would rather buy a new phone out right, and the retention person agreed, but she is nice enough gave me $5 monthly credit for stay with Rogers. so I am paying under $70 including a shared tablet Data line with 6GB and more than enough daytime minutes. So if you get those Grand father plan, never switch to new one, just buy the phone outright or from kijiji/Microsoft store, it much cheaper that way.

V_S

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 635 has Wind. I love wind but the only problem is the internet speed. Calls are a breeze and roaming is an amazing option

AWspicious 13

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, after more than a year from the last post, nothing has improved. Wind internet speed is still kinda slow, their service hasn't improved much and the incumbent carrier rates have increased. It all sux

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)