External Antenna Connectors

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
There several different points on the back for attaching external outdoor/mobile antennas. There are so many different ports on the back I'm not going to even guess which ones connect to what, whether its the 700mhz LTE, their, CDMA 3G and 1X bands, or even a connector for external GPS.

Anyone use this phone long enough to know if it works and if they work well?

Edit:
Photo of the sockets.
WP_20140808.jpg

Last edited:

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What the heck are you asking about? Why would there be an antenna connect accessible only inside a case?

External antenna connectors and antennas used to be pretty common fifteen years ago. I had a Nokia 6XXX which needed one where I lived. Sat on my roof, wire into the house. I've never seen or heard of this on any smartphone. Not that I know it all. There are devices out there that try to inductively couple the internal antenna to a port for an external antenna.

The good news is that phones just get better and better. Much better receivers. My house has always been borderline with TMO, and not every phone I ever used had Wifi Calling. I'm astounded at my Nokia 810, however. No need for WFC. I have a 925 on its way, it will be interesting to see if similar. OTOH, if not, oh well, it has wFC!

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Probably should have clarified, I'm trying to find the connecter type (and the different bands I'm supposed to connect them to) and if anyone has tried using them, like if they wear out quickly, and things of that nature. I intend on having a phone for deployment to disaster areas and as a spare phone.

I also have the SE (I have a similar thread in its forum) which has garbage reception compared to this phone and my 928. Always dodging between no signal, and 2 bars of 1X, while on the other two I'll have between two or three of LTE at home. .

All I can tell, is that its some kind of snap-on connector. It sucks because Sprint is always roaming at my home, T-Mobile has no signal at all with the 521 and AT&T has never had LTE here. Verizon is the really only option available.

edit: also vzw is our home isp, with their silly homefusion setup.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Probably should have clarified, I'm trying to find the connecter type (and the different bands I'm supposed to connect them to) and if anyone has tried using them, like if they wear out quickly, and things of that nature. I intend on having a phone for deployment to disaster areas and as a spare phone.

I also have the SE (I have a similar thread in its forum) which has garbage reception compared to this phone and my 928. Always dodging between no signal, and 2 bars of 1X, while on the other two I'll have between two or three of LTE at home. .

All I can tell, is that its some kind of snap-on connector. It sucks because Sprint is always roaming at my home, T-Mobile has no signal at all with the 521 and AT&T has never had LTE here. Verizon is the really only option available.

edit: also vzw is our home isp, with their silly homefusion setup.

Trevor, I don't mean to be unkind, but this post makes no more sense than your first one. Did you actually read my response and assimilate it?

Bottom lines: Ain't no more phones with external antenna connections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium