Looks like the date is August 16th

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the Neo. However I'm not pleased with the speculations mentioned in WPCentral's front page article (http://m.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s-neo-coming-sprint-within-month). It had a lot of discrepancies which were pointed out. I'm hoping that it has at least 16GB of storage. As for the 8XT, I'm impressed with the quality of the phone. I didn't have much expectations for it from first impressions. However, after holding it and testing it out, it is a very good choice also.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think neither Sprint or Samsung will sell an 8GB Ativ S Neo for that price. More likely it will be 16GB (I'll be surprised if it was 32GB, as many of you would be in a pleaseant way), since Samsung does not make an 8GB version. It's a high end device which in my opinion is better than the Lumia 920/925/928 in terms of specs, and storage

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been holding out for the Neo since they announced the Ativ as the Sprint Samsung Device. I have been eligible for an upgrade since July 1st & it's almost here, but the problem is I might not have the $$$ to get it on day 1. But I think I can probably snatch it up in early September the latest. But like the rest of you I am hoping it has 16gb internal storage which it should cause even my Arrive have 14+gb. I have to start looking on Amazon for a leather holster and just might get that until get the phone cause I hate putting my phone in my pocket.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been eligible since LAST June for a new phone but I've been holding out for a new Windows Phone ever since. I was close last week to pulling the trigger on an 8XT, but I figured I'd wait. If I waited for over a year, what's another 3 weeks? I'm just so eager for something new lol

I'm not impressed with the inconsistent reporting of the phone on this site. One article mentions 16GBs with mentioning the PhoneArena 8GB pre-production unit, another article ONLY mentions the 8GB version as if that's cut and dry (which is bound to upset people, which it did), they misquoted the battery life and said no price has been given yet. Of ALL of the things I mentioned, the price has been CONFIRMED since the original press release in JUNE. That's just irresponsible reporting, and of course it's about Sprint's phones. You'd never see this kind of reporting on a Lumia-related article.

It's frustrating that Sprint and their customers are treated like red-headed stepchildren on this site. The articles always jab at Sprint, and end up in the comments being nothing but an anti-Sprint circlejerk. Incorrectly misquoting battery life and mentioning the 8GB storage as if it was final spec just creates hostility. Where's the talk about Sprint mandating proper, secure Qualcomm CDMA standards (instead of the broken/insecure China Mobile coding that's being used on current CDMA Lumias) and Microsoft not having supporting them until GDR2? Where's the talk of Nokia not wanting to support those standards, hence no Sprint Nokia devices being available? The silence is deafening on that subject, and if people knew this... it would quiet a lot of those who like to talk bull-ish.

Anywho... I'm excited for August 16th, I hope my closest corporate store will have some in-stock that day! I'll be calling to inquire the day the ATIV S Neo is officially announced!

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I plan to actually pay my bill in person at the Sprint store for a change so I can play around with one on display a little bit but I'm sure that won't be up until a week after the device release at the earliest. And iknowsingh when you go to your store for your Neo I suggest you TELL THEM you want the Samsung Ativ Neo, cause they might not know what the hell you're talking about. I do love Sprint & their great customer service and I have been a customer of their for 8 years but to be honest when I comes to Windows Phone they are mostly clueless. Plus I am pretty sure they are gonna try to talk you into getting an Andriod or iPhone.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea I plan to actually pay my bill in person at the Sprint store for a change so I can play around with one on display a little bit but I'm sure that won't be up until a week after the device release at the earliest. And iknowsingh when you go to your store for your Neo I suggest you TELL THEM you want the Samsung Ativ Neo, cause they might not know what the hell you're talking about. I do love Sprint & their great customer service and I have been a customer of their for 8 years but to be honest when I comes to Windows Phone they are mostly clueless. Plus I am pretty sure they are gonna try to talk you into getting an Andriod or iPhone.
You have no clue how strict I'm going to be haha... I know Sprint stores all too well. I plan on printing out the official Sprint announcement and taking it with me when I go. I'm debating calling or actually going in when the phone is announced to ask about it. The last thing I need is them holding a Galaxy S4 for me... I'd go on a rampage. I'll probably end up going in, I'm choosing a corporate store hoping they'll be more competent than the Authorized Retailers around me. The corporate store is a bit out of my way (40 min drive) but I figure it'll be worth the effort. I have 3 Authorized Retailers within 10 mins of me, but I have my doubts they'll have the phone on day one. I remember the hassle it was to get the Arrive on day one from a local AR. I'll have to drive back those 40 mins and back to get the phone when it's out, but that's what I'm willing to do.

I love Sprint myself and their customer service has been really good to me over the years but I agree... sales rep knowledge of Windows Phone is awful. The true could be same for AT&T/Verizon though.. I've seen horror stories from them as well.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope some accessories are available on the day of launch. I want the flip cover case like the S3/S4.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree I prefer the Official Sprint Stores myself luckily there is at least 2 both within 10-20 minutes depending on traffic away from my house. One is 6 miles North West & the other 6 miles East, the one NW to me usually get their stuff on-time & has everything in stock so that's my preference. Here is the thing Online for the 8XT it look like they took the rebate out of the price immediately, for the people that get the Neo Day 1 at a Sprint store can you post back on this forum to see if you purchase it in the store do you have to wait for the rebate? I know it's a Mail-In Rebate but if the Sprint Website take the $50 for at purchase I'll just get it there and wait for it in the mail.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree I prefer the Official Sprint Stores myself luckily there is at least 2 both within 10-20 minutes depending on traffic away from my house. One is 6 miles North West & the other 6 miles East, the one NW to me usually get their stuff on-time & has everything in stock so that's my preference. Here is the thing Online for the 8XT it look like they took the rebate out of the price immediately, for the people that get the Neo Day 1 at a Sprint store can you post back on this forum to see if you purchase it in the store do you have to wait for the rebate? I know it's a Mail-In Rebate but if the Sprint Website take the $50 for at purchase I'll just get it there and wait for it in the mail.

I just took the screenshot below, it shows the mail-in rebate via reward card. Unless that was a day one offer for the 8XT that I didn't know about?

8xtrebate.PNG

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting, and I'm currently suffering through a failed digitizer on a HTC EVO 3D too. Actually, this is my third EVO 3D. My first one was great, until I left it in a Taxi cab. Since then, I've had to have Sprint replace it twice for digitizer issue.

I've been watching Windows Phone 8 from afar, waiting and hoping for Sprint to drop some devices. I'm sticking it out the next 14 days for the Samsung over the 8XT. They both sound great, but I need a break from HTC for a while.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting, and I'm currently suffering through a failed digitizer on a HTC EVO 3D too. Actually, this is my third EVO 3D. My first one was great, until I left it in a Taxi cab. Since then, I've had to have Sprint replace it twice for digitizer issue.

I've been watching Windows Phone 8 from afar, waiting and hoping for Sprint to drop some devices. I'm sticking it out the next 14 days for the Samsung over the 8XT. They both sound great, but I need a break from HTC for a while.

I feel you. My EVO 3D is disappointing me too. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one now. The OS lags and stutters. Apps keep crashing. Periodical reboots. I'm just done with it. I like the fewer headaches of the WP8 OS. I'm impatiently waiting on the NEO too. I have been trying to soak up as much WP8 and Samsung knowledge as possible so I can be ready when I pick it up. I will wait a little longer in case a pricing discount deal becomes available as quickly as it has for the 8XT, because I have to buy 2.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. My EVO 3D is disappointing me too. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one now. The OS lags and stutters. Apps keep crashing. Periodical reboots. I'm just done with it. I like the fewer headaches of the WP8 OS. I'm impatiently waiting on the NEO too. I have been trying to soak up as much WP8 and Samsung knowledge as possible so I can be ready when I pick it up. I will wait a little longer in case a pricing discount deal becomes available as quickly as it has for the 8XT, because I have to buy 2.

If you are coming from Android to WP I would say that WP is the most consistent & reliable OS. I have an 3 year Arrive & when my friend see me using my phone he says "WP is fast" and that's compared to this his EVO. The EVO he has is the one before the 3D. WP hardly ever crashes, it happens once every few months with my Arrive. But the App count on Android & IOS is a huge difference at times so that may be a drawback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss