Soft keys need switched.....

psgianni

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
OK.. got my ATIV S Neo today..

I like it.. but I also have the Samsung Note 2..
I use both phones.. The Note has the back button on the right.. and the Neo its on the left! Grrr.
I was wondering if the Neo windows phone will ever have an app that could switch the left and right soft keys?
Hmmmmm.

Other than that.. nice and smooth.. Samsung.. as usual. ;)

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft mandates the order in which the keys are displayed (unlike the random hodge-podge Android can be). On Windows Phone, the phones must show the keys in the order of Back, Start and Search.

It's crazy how the buttons can be in any order on different Android devices... it can be confusing moving between different devices.

psgianni

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Logically, the Back button is used way more than Search.. IMO, and should be on the right.. since more people are right handed.. but again.. just my opinion.

Thanks all...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
As for why this is so, flip out a really old phone.

On its keypad, you should see that the back and the end call button are on the right hand side.
On Symbian, the end call button is on the right hand side as well and is also dedicated to closing apps.
Handy explanation for this.

However, it makes more sense for a back button to be in the side where it is facing, in this case, the left side.
The result is this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans