Backlit Search and Back Buttons Not Staying Lit

fordpickup1978

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S Neo yesterday. I noticed the BACK and SEARCH buttons don't stay lit when interacting with the phone. I don't remember this being the case with my Arrive - the buttons would be lit if the screen was on and I was interacting with it. The S Neo butons will only turn on when I touch the area where they are supposed to be. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks!

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my S Neo yesterday. I noticed the BACK and SEARCH buttons don't stay lit when interacting with the phone. I don't remember this being the case with my Arrive - the buttons would be lit if the screen was on and I was interacting with it. The S Neo butons will only turn on when I touch the area where they are supposed to be. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks!

ATIV S also does this. Its to preserve the backlight of the buttons as they reduce in brightness after being turned on for a prolonged time.

fordpickup1978

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate your response. This is surprising; why not just print the darn things on there? How useful is a back button that disappears when you're using the phone?

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's the same functionality as the Galaxy S3/S4... the capacitive buttons fade after a while. I know on the Galaxy phones you can choose the timeout length and (I believe?) you can possibly keep them on at all times? It's been a minute since I've used a Galaxy, but I know you can at least choose the length. I can't confirm if that's possible on ATIV S Neo since mine hasn't arrived yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12