A few problems

MichaelLopez

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got this phone I've experienced multiple problems
  1. Battery drains quickly
  2. Phone restarts occasionally if either I am or am not using the phone (such as resting on a table)
  3. Memory is getting lower without even adding apps, docs., contacts, etc...

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hardware/software issue alert. Bring it to samsung service center. Or try to reflash the phone somehow, but it will affect your warranty.

David Harbit

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I experienced some strange lag right at the beginning when i first set up the phone. I did a factory reset and the phone has been amazing since. I have about 20 apps installed and a few emails synced up and I couldn't be happier with the performance. Let us know if a factory reset fixes the issue.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I find the battery life to be great on the phone and have had no random resets. You definitely either need to take it in or try the reset everyone else has recommended.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got this phone I've experienced multiple problems
  1. Battery drains quickly
  2. Phone restarts occasionally if either I am or am not using the phone (such as resting on a table)
  3. Memory is getting lower without even adding apps, docs., contacts, etc...

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues

My battery has been great. With moderate/heavy use, I'm easily getting through an entire day (approx 7am to midnight).
I have had it restart twice now (I've had it since 8/20). Both times were at rest. I would pick the phone up and get nothing when pressing the windows button or power button. Then long hold on power button and it would start back up.
I've not been monitoring my memory, so not sure if it's getting lower or not. But I've been installing apps, taking pics, etc. So I would expect it to be filling up.

I'm worried the restarts will become more of an issue.

-Skippy

MichaelLopez

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I did the hard reset and that fixes the random restarts and fixes the storage issue but my battery is still draining fast. Are those battery indicator apps the cause? Does anyone else have a battery indicator app? I'm going to uninstall it tonight and see how tomorrow goes because the only background apps I have are Bing Weather and Bing News.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I did the hard reset and that fixes the random restarts and fixes the storage issue but my battery is still draining fast. Are those battery indicator apps the cause? Does anyone else have a battery indicator app? I'm going to uninstall it tonight and see how tomorrow goes because the only background apps I have are Bing Weather and Bing News.
That's great!
If you've got any battery monitoring app you should just remove it :) Its common problem that battery apps may negatively affect battery life. Uninstall it and compare:p

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I am using Lock Manager (recommended by a front page article earlier this week) to put a battery icon on my lock screen. I made it through the day yesterday with 4 - 5 hours of music streaming, some phone calls, some playing with the phone (trying to get some NFC tags to work), and a few others things. Phone was still around 50% when I plugged it in for the night. Very impressed with the battery life of this monster so far.

MichaelLopez

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
After uninstalling the battery app instead of my phone dying by the end of the day I'm getting 30% at the least with heavy use, so I guess those battery apps do more harm than good.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
After uninstalling the battery app instead of my phone dying by the end of the day I'm getting 30% at the least with heavy use, so I guess those battery apps do more harm than good.

great, thanks for letting know. you see, you've got your problems solved without visiting Samsung Repair Point : ) wish you happy days using your Ativ Neo :p

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, after uninstalling the Microsoft Facebook app, my random locking and rebooting has gone away. Completely. This thread talks about HTC and Nokia users suspect of the same thing, and problems being solved after uninstalling Facebook as I did:

Windows Phone 8 Hit With Random Reboot Bug - Mobility - Smartphones -

Since other users have reported this "fixing" the problem, I'm hopeful Windows Phone 8.1 or a new version of the Facebook app will correct this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster