My dad got the ATIV S Neo

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So my dad finally dumped his palm pre and thankfully he's too smart to buy an iPhone or deal with an android device. He understands that apple products rape your wallet with minimal returns and he doesn't want to risk security so android is out. Now android does everything he wants it to do but sense he cant use it windows phone has been his new device of choice. His picked up an ATIV S Neo and keeps asking me for help with this or that.

My big question is how are you all watching flash videos? He likes to watch speeches on websites and let them play while he drives or works on things in the house. These speeches are most of the time church related so I doubt he can find them in the store. So how are you all able to access flash content on your phones? I can't find flash player in the store anymore so I'm out of answers for him atm.

mpl175

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
So my dad finally dumped his palm pre and thankfully he's too smart to buy an iPhone or deal with an android device. He understands that apple products rape your wallet with minimal returns and he doesn't want to risk security so android is out. Now android does everything he wants it to do but sense he cant use it windows phone has been his new device of choice. His picked up an ATIV S Neo and keeps asking me for help with this or that.

My big question is how are you all watching flash videos? He likes to watch speeches on websites and let them play while he drives or works on things in the house. These speeches are most of the time church related so I doubt he can find them in the store. So how are you all able to access flash content on your phones? I can't find flash player in the store anymore so I'm out of answers for him atm.
Adobe stopped supporting flash for mobile. The only way I know to get flash on mobile is android. There are two browsers dolphin and puffin that support flash. That's it though none for WP or IOS. Also,android is not a security risk. I wish ppl would stop with this stuff. I've had android for years as well as WP never had any security issues.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I salute your dad for clinging to webOS for so long!

Apple products do cost a lot, but returns are by no means minimal.
Security concerns on Android are understandable, but its not as big of a problem many make it out to be. A small amount of common sense and setting a setting or two right are probably all you need right now, I wouldn't get an anti-virus for a while as of now.

On iOS and Windows Phone, you cannot watch flash videos directly.
On Android, you technically can get flash player on it, but Adobe has long since dumped support and development for it and its increasingly going the way of the dodo on mobile. So Android would be the best bet at getting flash player on a mobile device. (other than webOS) But neither are optimal.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
He understands that android isn't as risky as some claim but with his job he can't risk it. For example his job for the longest time didn't allow you to own a cellphone with a camera. He's a big believer in getting what you pay for so for him the price of many apple products doesn't make a lick of sense.

Thanks for the replies ,I figured it would be a dead end street. I hope he enjoys the windows ecosystem as much as I have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire