8.1 on Samsung ATIV S NEO?

chendofs

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone knows if the Sprint Samsung ATIV S NEO is going to get version 8.1? I checked a couple of months back with Sprint and the response that I got was that when an update is available it will download automatically to my phone (great!). Or should I use the developer preview?

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well at this point it's obvious that Samsung has been the one dragging there feet with the update. Now that they've updated AT&T's Neo I'd suspect our Sprint Neo's are next but who really knows? Sprint isn't going to tell you and Sammy will probably still play stupid. I went with the DP a few months ago and haven't had any problems.

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not seeing the update either. I really don't know if it's a slow roll out or if, like you said, the developer preview is blocking it. I really wonder how this works since the developer preview is 8.1.1 and this is only 8.1.

-Skippy

AgentDelta

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Great news! As an FYI, I have never put developer preview on my Sprint Ativ S Neo, and my phone is not finding the update yet.

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Sammy finally got off they're buns and got it done. According to Sprint the update will be sent in stages. I haven't gotten it yet but I'm not worried about it. :smile:

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently getting it now, you will get a small update 1st and after it's finished, you will get the 8.1 update.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I reverted back to stock Monday when I saw this thread and the update on sprints website. I'm now running stock 8.1

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
By using the wp8 smd binary USB downloaded version 3.47 and sph-i800 files to reload the stock files. It is on xdadevelopers website

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for confirming, kg4icg. I haven't gotten the update yet, but hopefully soon. Would you mind telling me if it fixed the Voice Roaming bug for you? It's been greyed out for me the whole time I've owned the phone, and I'm eager to get it fixed!

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
No update yet for me. I'm on the DP. Currently downloading the new DP build and hoping that maybe it will have my firmware I have been waiting for. Although I doubt it.

edit: Still no firmware update. Why Sprint? Why????

Last edited:

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If you go to xdadevelopers site and type sph-i800 download, you will find the files to reset your phone to stock if it helps, easy to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3