Will WP10 be available?

KEB64

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
How can I find out if the Ativ S Neo will get WP10 or not officially? Is Microsoft making it available for developers of this phone?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont think we can really find out quite yet.

For an official release, the ball is in Samsung's court.

I'm sure it'll become available via the Preview for Devs program, but the question is how well will it work? I recall some occasional serious hiccups between Samsung phones and DP updates.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You could try and download the insider app which must be registered with first using your Microsoft account. Then download the app

Here

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ed2b1421-6414-4544-bd8d-06d58ee402a5

Register here

https://insider.windows.com/

Open the app, register the email and password you set from registration to the service.

tap get preview builds, tap the fast insider ring, then tap the arrow at the bottom of the app.

It will say your on fast insider device rebooting.

The device will restart and once Device restarts check for phone updates, it will install a Tech preview configuration update, apply update as usual. Then once phone has finished (depending on device) look for updates again and see if you can get the update.
**Note uncheck "get updates automatically" before doing this process.

KEB64

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'm familiar enough with the dev preview app, insider app is pretty much the same my guess. I've heard it mentioned it'd be a good idea to start with a reset OS before doing this. Not sure if i wanna participate being this is my daily driver. Microsoft is getting really nice about their software releases lately. I guess it is the matters of Samsung and Sprint that make me wonder. Too bad I'm bound to sprint for a couple years. They bury WPs and looks like they've abandoned them now. Microsoft needs to make a cdma unlocked carrier phone for me I suppose to get WP10 legitimately.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I'm familiar enough with the dev preview app, insider app is pretty much the same my guess. I've heard it mentioned it'd be a good idea to start with a reset OS before doing this. Not sure if i wanna participate being this is my daily driver. Microsoft is getting really nice about their software releases lately. I guess it is the matters of Samsung and Sprint that make me wonder. Too bad I'm bound to sprint for a couple years. They bury WPs and looks like they've abandoned them now. Microsoft needs to make a cdma unlocked carrier phone for me I suppose to get WP10 legitimately.

DON'T DO IT. djeire84, that was irresponsible to suggest it.

You're not supposed to install it from the get go because its rather dangerous. Especially since its not a Lumia. I've seen ATIV's go into boot loops.
It is NOT finished and I don't think it'll even work.

The Dev Preview is more of an early access program for the finished code. Insider is an early access program for unfinished code. (Insider has stuff sooner, but its more buggy and dangerous)

KEB64

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I used the insider program to check out W10 on a spare PC a while back. I've seen a few bootloop remarks as well and agree. This being a phone other than Lumia I'm very cautious.

Too bad about that. This phone really does have nice specs. It's a bit of a dark horse.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I used the insider program to check out W10 on a spare PC a while back. I've seen a few bootloop remarks as well and agree. This being a phone other than Lumia I'm very cautious.

Too bad about that. This phone really does have nice specs. It's a bit of a dark horse.

Yea, if Samsung firmware played nicer with the PD and such, I'd love an ATIV. Like the design and such.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
DON'T DO IT. djeire84, that was irresponsible to suggest it.

You're not supposed to install it from the get go because its rather dangerous. Especially since its not a Lumia. I've seen ATIV's go into boot loops.

It is NOT finished and I don't think it'll even work.

The Dev Preview is more of an early access program for the finished code. Insider is an early access program for unfinished code. (Insider has stuff sooner, but its more buggy and dangerous)

I'm sorry i did but i thought that he had a dummy phone to use it on. I'm sorry I didn't know if it was his main device he was wanting it on. I have it on my main device Lumia 520 and have had little issue with it though. But I am sorry for suggesting it. Just thought since using windows for devs is not the app needed for him to get windows phone 10. Sorry once again.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not particularly confident that Samsung will release a Windows 10 update. While all WP8 handsets can technically support Windows 10, I'm not certain that Samsung is interested in doing that. I could be wrong, though. To be honest, I'd be more interested in Samsung releasing future W10 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3