Will the Samsung Ativ S have LTE in the US?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised online reviews are not bringing up the fact that this device was not launched with LTE to begin with. I would have assumed that LTE would be standard on flagship smartphones in 2012.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. Lol. With the GS3, the European version received quad-core, but not LTE. The North American version was dropped to dual-core, but has LTE.

I will assume the North American version that goes to either AT&T, Verizon and/or Sprint will have LTE, for sure.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No mention of LTE for the Ativ-S.... they dropped the ball on this one I believe. LTE is only mentioned on the Ativ PC. :(

Seems to me that, for smartphones, LTE would be a carrier-specific announcement. I'll bet the Ativ S has LTE on all the major carriers. Small regional carriers may not offer LTE with it, which is why they don't want to announce that the Ativ S has LTE as a whole.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that's curious indeed. I must have been mistaken when I read it on the tablet forms and either assumed it for the phone or thought I read it and didn't.

But that does seem very curious if it doesn't have it, doesn't it? Verizon has essentially said ALL of their phones must support it before they'll adopt them, and I can't imagine why AT&T or T-Mobile would either.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Still waitting on info if the North America model Samsung ATIV S has LTE support???

Please Samsung bring the ATIV S too North America on LTE and for me on Telus Mobility LTE thank you! :D

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well no mention of the ATIV S at AT&Ts event but they did announce they will carry the ATIV tablet. So it's safe to say no LTE. Too bad cause that was likey the phone I was going to get. The HTC 8X was a close second so im not too bummed.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
an OEM cant advertise LTE until it gets approved by FCC... same as an other devices.

also samsung is a big patient owner in LTE

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Only the international version has been announced. LTE still hasn't launched in Europe (where the Ativ was announced), so there is no mention of it. The Qualcom chipset that the Ativ S uses (as well as all other WP8 Devices) has LTE built into the chip. It is safe to assume that once it is announced for the US market (likely on Verizon), that there will be LTE on board. Wait till Monday when Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mo have their pressers at not-CTIA-fall (can't remember the new name for the show)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes