Does the Samsung Ativ have LED notification light?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Like the Galaxy S3? Does Windows Phone 8 OS support LED notification feature?

There are two hardware things missing from the ATIV S from Galaxy S3 !

- WCN3660/80 chip not in the ATIV S hardware spec witch gives you Bluetooth 4.0/FM Radio.

- No hardware LED notification light.

Two things a lot of people care about! :(

Last edited:

redoxy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have the ativ S and can confirm there is no notification LED. I can also say this is not OS limitation as my HD7 has a notification LED. It was not perfect as it did not notify you of text messages or emails but it at least notified you of charging status and missed calls

Shindou

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for LED notification on the Ativ S, always found it useful on my previous phone. Honestly, it's a vital feature.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get people and their LED notification lights... they're for deaf people... literally... Anything labelled "Ease of Access" and "Accessibility" is for the hearing and visually impaired. If you've got all three of sound, vibration, and LED notifications going at once you win the award for most annoying.

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is sitting on your desk dark. With an LED, you know if you have anything "new." Without the LED, you have to pick up your phone and wake it up to check.

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Funny how it goes, I have a Blackberry currently (waiting on a Ativ S) and I find the LED notification distracting especially when driving at night with the phone in dashboard mount. I will not miss the LED at all.

WEEBLE61

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't get people and their LED notification lights... they're for deaf people... literally... Anything labelled "Ease of Access" and "Accessibility" is for the hearing and visually impaired. If you've got all three of sound, vibration, and LED notifications going at once you win the award for most annoying.

Everyone has their own views but I found it extremely helpful when half the time on my s2 and s3 the notification tone DIDN'T work. I could look down and see the light - it was very handy indeed and extremely annoying that this phone doesn't have it...the same as it doesn't have custom sms alerts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99