Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By saintforlife
  • 1 Post By ZenBot

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Like the Galaxy S3? Does Windows Phone 8 OS support LED notification feature?
    Thanked by:
    travisel likes this.

Global Posts
    3,497 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    I do not know if the ATIV has it, but this render shows the upcoming HTC device as having one:

HTC 8X could be the official name of its upcoming Windows Phone 8 handset codenamed Accord

(Sorry, for some reason couldn't get the image itself to paste.)
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    There are two hardware things missing from the ATIV S from Galaxy S3 !

- WCN3660/80 chip not in the ATIV S hardware spec witch gives you Bluetooth 4.0/FM Radio.

- No hardware LED notification light.

Two things a lot of people care about! :(
    Last edited by travisel; 11-25-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: add 2
    ATIV S is LIFE

Any new owners out there that can confirm this?
    Got mine on Saturday. No led notification light.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I own the ATIV S and it's true! Other than that it's still the best WP8 out in 2012 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE

I also have the ativ S and can confirm there is no notification LED. I can also say this is not OS limitation as my HD7 has a notification LED. It was not perfect as it did not notify you of text messages or emails but it at least notified you of charging status and missed calls

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was hoping for LED notification on the Ativ S, always found it useful on my previous phone. Honestly, it's a vital feature.

I don't get people and their LED notification lights... they're for deaf people... literally... Anything labelled "Ease of Access" and "Accessibility" is for the hearing and visually impaired. If you've got all three of sound, vibration, and LED notifications going at once you win the award for most annoying.
    Thanked by:
    Podunks likes this.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindou View Post
    I was hoping for LED notification on the Ativ S, always found it useful on my previous phone. Honestly, it's a vital feature.
    I suppose I should be happy that none of my previous phones had this, so I will not miss it a bit!

Your phone is sitting on your desk dark. With an LED, you know if you have anything "new." Without the LED, you have to pick up your phone and wake it up to check.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Funny how it goes, I have a Blackberry currently (waiting on a Ativ S) and I find the LED notification distracting especially when driving at night with the phone in dashboard mount. I will not miss the LED at all.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBot View Post
    I don't get people and their LED notification lights... they're for deaf people... literally... Anything labelled "Ease of Access" and "Accessibility" is for the hearing and visually impaired. If you've got all three of sound, vibration, and LED notifications going at once you win the award for most annoying.
    Everyone has their own views but I found it extremely helpful when half the time on my s2 and s3 the notification tone DIDN'T work. I could look down and see the light - it was very handy indeed and extremely annoying that this phone doesn't have it...the same as it doesn't have custom sms alerts