The Ativ looks pretty beastly

katakulli

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
specs are very good but nokia and htc did a much better work in design.. this one looks like an outdated galaxy phone.. i hope this will be significant cheaper than nokia & htc flagships..

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The Ativ looks more upscale and professional. Professional style may be a little bland but I actually like it in this case.

I haven't made up my mind about buying any WP8 devices but this one tops my list because of its expandable storage and screen size. It is between this and the 920 for me.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The ATIV has me puzzled as it has all the things that the 920 doesn't

removable battery - check
Bigger screen - check
SD Card - check

I had an S3, absolutely loved it, massive screen in a form factor that felt smaller than it was, so Im really puzzled as to why the ATIV is such a complete no for me, Id go for a 8X before this.
I don't know if switching from Android has left me with a subconscious urge to go the whole hog and do things really different, or whether I expect WP phones to be a bit different and have a funky design. All I know is that the only one that gives me gadget lust is the 920 for whatever reason that I still don't quite understand..

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The Ativ looks more upscale and professional. Professional style may be a little bland but I actually like it in this case.

I haven't made up my mind about buying any WP8 devices but this one tops my list because of its expandable storage and screen size. It is between this and the 920 for me.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

This. I'm not a woman or a teenager so colorful phones aren't going to be for me. The Samsung is drawing me in more and more everyday.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I keep going between the ATIV and the 920. There are things about the 920 that are drawing me in. I love the technology the 920 has. I'm loving the wireless charging, but I think that the ATIV S will have it with a change of the backplate like the SIII does.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The ATIV has me puzzled as it has all the things that the 920 doesn't

removable battery - check
Bigger screen - check
SD Card - check

I had an S3, absolutely loved it, massive screen in a form factor that felt smaller than it was, so Im really puzzled as to why the ATIV is such a complete no for me, Id go for a 8X before this.
I don't know if switching from Android has left me with a subconscious urge to go the whole hog and do things really different, or whether I expect WP phones to be a bit different and have a funky design. All I know is that the only one that gives me gadget lust is the 920 for whatever reason that I still don't quite understand..
Actually, this makes way more sense then you give yourself credit for. Having already had the top end Android from the #1 Android manufacturer, it makes total sense that a complete break to the #1 WP manufacturer would have you excited. It is not an "anti-Samsung" thing as much as a "pro-change" thing. New is fun. If you are going new, get excited and go completely new.

I am with sconrad308. It is this or the 920. I am also in the place where I can wait on reviews and the forums on here to decide which way to go. I am making myself wait until the 7.8 update on my Focus S or the turn of the year, whichever is first. That way I can see if the ATIV is a hit, if it is promoted and if Samsung intends to truly treat this as a Flagship. Will they bring the top end extras of the GS3? Is there more coming to the Samsung Hub? That will go a long way for me. Right now, it is the 920 as 1-A and the ATIV as 1-B.

By the way baseballbert, you look freaking HAPPY in your icon.......

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
That was the day they clinched the NL West in 2010 on the last day if season.

Not so much after last night. Bases juiced twice and nothing to show for it. They still need the big bopper in their line up.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
first hearing about the 920's purview features I was dismissing all the others until I realized A: I don't take pictures in the pitch black and B: I rarely take videos let alone care about stabilization... I do in fact like a professional looking device (the blackberry in me I guess lol) and a big screen.

honestly... nokia, htc and samsung all have nice devices so it's good to have choices.

Don't be surprised if samsung comes comes out with a slew of exclusive apps

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I do think the Ativ S is tied for the 2nd best WP8 handset. It rivals the L820, and the choice would depend on if you prefer that huge and beautiful Samsung 4.8" HD screen, or if you want Nokia's apps and the Puremotion display tech for extra sensitivity and blur elimination for watching action.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
ATIV S Looks Awesome!

The Samsung ATIV S looks awesome :)

+ Gorilla Glass 2
+ Aluminum Chassis & Side Buttons
+ Metallic CMF w/ hairline finish "brushed plastic back"
+ 8.7mm
+ Rounded Edges
+ Metallic Look
+ 137x70x8.7mm, 135g

The out side looks awesome but on the inside still not listed why?

- LTE
- Bluetooth v4.0

Add those two to the spec and we are all good! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs