Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 12Danny123

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I just seen a good video of the ATIV S :) but the phone seems to have the old Bing Maps of WP7 and not the new Nokia Maps for WP8?

Look @2:45/3:32 video

What we all herd from Nokia is "Nokia Drive for all Windows Phone 8 smartphones"

Nokia Drive for all Windows Phone 8 smartphones Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

What is going on? do us non-Nokia WP8 people have to buy a add on App?
    ATIV S is LIFE

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    I just seen a good video of the ATIV S :) but the phone seems to have the old Bing Maps of WP7 and not the new Nokia Maps for WP8?

Look @2:45/3:32 video

What we all herd from Nokia is "Nokia Drive for all Windows Phone 8 smartphones"

Nokia Drive for all Windows Phone 8 smartphones Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

What is going on? do us non-Nokia WP8 people have to buy a add on App?
    No. Nokia's turn by turn navigation is integrated into bing maps. Like when you want to go somewhere and get directions. Open bings maps and then it'll use nokia's turn by turn navigation. Since Nokia map's data is in bing maps now
    Thanked by:
    travisel likes this.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    ATIV S is LIFE

Nokia Drive is going to be 'available'

Nokia Drive for all Windows Phone 8 smartphones – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

Does available mean that it will be there? My guess is that it will be available if the OEM pays for it ... but we don't have too long to wait to find out.