Micro SD card size

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, in all the reviews and specs for samsung ativ s, the SD card maximum size is being quoted as 32GB. However on samsung's web site it's claiming the phone can take the newer 64GB cards. Anyone know what the highest actually is?
Cheers

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung ATIV S microSD with SDXC Support can use size's of...

4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB

128GB No support for ATIV S yet....

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung ATIV S microSD with SDXC Support can use size's of...

4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB

128GB No support for ATIV S yet....
And if you choose to purchase more than one microSD you get multiples of 64GB plus the 16GB internal memory. You can't possibly fill that space!

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
And if you choose to purchase more than one microSD you get multiples of 64GB plus the 16GB internal memory. You can't possibly fill that space!

Sure u could, my use case scenario

1st card
30gb of podcast
30 gb of music

2nd
50 gb of Simpsons episodes to listen to at work

3rd card for movies

32gb card for photos and misc files

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
My current iPhone 4S is full at 64gb. That's why I will be getting this windows phone as the potential of 96gb of memory pushes this even further. All the other WP8 devices can't provide this with the 8mp camera included.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow. These are some serious media demands ya'll have!!

Such is the wonder of expandable storage. Even though I only load music and some pod casts and the 16 GB of memory is tons for me, I love the idea of moving the storage around. I have to admit it is a huge advantage.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
ATIV S "32GB" model

My plan is to get the ATIV S "32GB" model...I have a extra 32GB microSDHC (PATRIOT LX Series) + we all get 7GB on Sky Drive :)

My total is 71GB of memory....can I use that much...yes with movis, music, games, Pic's you bet I can!

I have 20GB total right now with my LG iQ...and its full all the time...71GB of memory is my sweet spot for me this time for the next 3 years of my phone life.;)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
we don't even know when the phone will come out let alone on what carrier.

ATT got the lowest customer satisfaction in a recent survey. ****, Sprint was higher. THAT tells you something.

I wonder what the Odyssey will be like on VZW.

As a ATT customer I agree it isn't a great service

serpico

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think we can live in the cloud only as far as our data plans allow or live in WIFI strictly to access our files. Some of us are lucky with unlimited data plans but truly some of those are not unlimited according to the carriers.

I think the more we use our phones as computers, the more people will want their media with them. Skydrive works great with text files or the odd photo, but if I was at someones home and reception is weak, forget about showing a video or playing music for hours. Some people I know don't have wifi or don't know how to use it all from their home ISP. I think Samsung has done a nice job offering us a phone with expandable memory storage.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sure u could, my use case scenario

1st card
30gb of podcast
30 gb of music

2nd
50 gb of Simpsons episodes to listen to at work

3rd card for movies

32gb card for photos and misc files

Well if I can get the funds for it... I would probably aim for 2TB worth of music.

You're one of those "F*** THE CLOUD" guys, aren't you?

What, doing the reproduction act with the cloud? That erm... sounds implausible.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Cloud is nice and all but when traveling you often have weak or no data access. If this 8x had a microSD-xc I would definitely hold on to it (demo phone from tmo rep). I'm expecting to switch to vzw ativ instead though.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Doug Miller1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Cloud is nice and all but when traveling you often have weak or no data access. If this 8x had a microSD-xc I would definitely hold on to it (demo phone from tmo rep). I'm expecting to switch to vzw ativ instead though.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

I too need the storage. With all the movies, and music, i can't depend on the cloud. When data connection sucks or none at all, cloud is for suckers. When traveling on airplane, and no avaialble wifi, what good does cloud do. I do not consider any of the windows phone without micro sd card slot an option. Went ahead and got the Lumia 822 (Verizon). But still considering the ATIV once it comes out.

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
the OS is on the inbuilt memory so you loose around 3gig of onboard storage. also at the moment ( could just be my device ? ) you can't store documents on the SD card, the phone only has a document folder on the internal storage and i can't copy anything ( or delete on the SD card installed in the phone itself via a PC and USB lead ) the documents folder i created on the SD card using the USB connection.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
the OS is on the inbuilt memory so you loose around 3gig of onboard storage. also at the moment ( could just be my device ? ) you can't store documents on the SD card, the phone only has a document folder on the internal storage and i can't copy anything ( or delete on the SD card installed in the phone itself via a PC and USB lead ) the documents folder i created on the SD card using the USB connection.

This is not an 'at the moment' situation. This is an intentional security feature of the OS. You will likely never be able to store/read anything other than media files on an SD card with WP8.

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This is not an 'at the moment' situation. This is an intentional security feature of the OS. You will likely never be able to store/read anything other than media files on an SD card with WP8.

how does that help security really?? if you have the document on the phone on the internal memory like you can now, what difference does it make if the document is on the same device but stored on the SD card instead?? if the phone gets stolen and you don't bother with pin numbers and sim locks it makes no difference.

i'm no great music expert, but i was listening to some of my MP3's over bluetooth using a sonyericsson HBH-DS970 and the sounded ok, i'm not sure what the people not happy are going on about??

a real gripe i have, as i use MS Excel for a some large files ( 23 columns x 3000+ rows ) is the autofilter function when searching by cell content. you can apply multiple filters, but unlike the desktop which only shows options in the next column that apply to the entries left after the first filter has been applied, the version in 365 on the phone shoes every option for every column regardless of what rows the previous filter (s) on previous column (s) have filtered out!! not very good at all.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05