Will the Verizon ATIV Odyssey look different than the original ATIV S?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if this device will look significantly different (i.e. perhaps sticking with the WP8 colors theme?) than the ATIV S?

The reason I'd ask this is due to the ATIV Odyssey's picture being absent from the WP8 presentation by Microsoft, all they offered was a drawing of the ATIV instead of a photo of the device. This would indicate to me that the device design may be different than what we have seen on the ATIV S.

Thoughts?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My bet is the same device. We all know what it is supposed to look like, but the average user does not. The ATIV will be a different device to everyone else. The fact that neither AT&T or T-Mobile have it coming as of yet (could have sworn I saw somewhere T-Mo was going to get it. I seem to be wrong a lot lately) will make it a stand out device for Big Red. So why change it?

tangobravozab

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My bet is the same device. We all know what it is supposed to look like, but the average user does not. The ATIV will be a different device to everyone else. The fact that neither AT&T or T-Mobile have it coming as of yet (could have sworn I saw somewhere T-Mo was going to get it. I seem to be wrong a lot lately) will make it a stand out device for Big Red. So why change it?
I read it would be a Verizon exclusive. Not sure how long.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The odyssey is an Ativs S with wireless charging made for Verizon. Verizon wants all of their wp8 devices to have wireless charging. I wish it was a note like device though. Either way, Verizon will have the best wp8 device.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Well it will likely be similar in design but a bit smaller as the screen is 4.65" not 4.8. My take on it anyway.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think for me this is all going to come down to how well the home button works. I like capacitive buttons a lot better and would prefer that for this phone. Its not as fluid to go from all touch sensitive to a physical button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)