tangobravozab

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Ativ S is delayed until December- The Inquirer

Samsung Ativ S is delayed until December

Windows Phone 8 handset will ship on 10 December
By Carly Page
Fri Nov 09 2012, 10:39

KOREAN PHONE MAKER Samsung's first Windows Phone 8 handset, the Samsung Ativ S has been delayed until mid-December.
So says UK retailer Clove, which has updated its preorder page for the Samsung Ativ S to reveal that the handset won't start shipping until the week commencing 10 December, despite expectations for a release early this month. If this is true, the delay could spell bad news for Samsung, as Windows Phone fans flock to buy the Nokia Lumia 920 or HTC Windows Phone 8X handsets instead.
The reason behind the setback remains a mystery, and Samsung has yet to respond to our request for confirmation.
The Samsung Ativ S might have been the first Windows Phone 8 handset to be announced, but it looks like it will be one of the last to go on sale this year. The device features a 4.8in Super AMOLED display along with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and a 2,300mAh battery.
There's also an 8MP rear-facing camera with HD 1080p video, a 1.9MP front-facing camera, 16GB of internal storage, a microSD slot and integrated NFC technology.

The Inquirer (Samsung Ativ S is delayed until December- The Inquirer)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its not just the phone thats delayed either - the whole Ativ range including the RT Tab and the Smart PC is delayed until Dec 10th

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Samsung is giving priority to their Android tablets and Galaxy phones first, making sure its in supple for Christmas leaving the scraps for Windows 8 and WP8. That's why I did not buy this phone after the abysmal support on my Samsung Omnia 7.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung ATIV S - 16GB & 32GB models for the UK!

Bad news is the Samsung ATIV S coming to the UK in week 50 :(

Good news is they are getting the Samsung ATIV S - 16GB & 32GB models for the UK! :cool:

Samsung ATIV S - 32GB (Grey) - Expansys.com UK

I live in Canada and we are getting the ATIV S in week 48....have no info if theres a 32GB model for Canada thought? :mad:

The US is getting the Samsung ATIV S in week 49......Asia & EU in week 47.....and the rest of the world in week 51+.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered a L920 from Clove but still have my pre-order in place on the ATIV S on Amazon UK - they've emailed and updated the product page today, planning to ship from November 20th. Not sure if it'll change again but if anyone is waiting, it's potentially going to be available next week.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, Samsung don't give a flying fox about Windows Phone. I had a Samsung Omnia 7, great phone but poor support from Samsung. Switched to Nokia 920 and a company that gives a damn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs