Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Samsung ATIV Odyssey Windows Phone 8 based smartphone leaked | Gigjets

Does Verizon ask manufacturers to ugly up their phones for them????

On the plus side, at least the physical button was gotten rid of. But man that back is WAY uglier than the ATIV S.

That's a 4 inch model, similar to the Focus 2 and the Galaxy S3 Mini. Note the three dots, including the front facing camera, on the left. The Ativ S and Galaxy S3 have them on the right.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

Perhaps, but Verizon is getting only one model to my understanding, so if this 4" one is it, BLEH. All I was asking for was a 4.65" ATIV S with capacitive home button. Instead they ruin the color scheme and shrink it to 4", making it worse than the HTC 8X. What a missed opportunity by Samsung and Verizon.

No new phone for me in 2012.

Global Posts
    12,610 Global Posts
    Given the source, it's pretty safe to assume it's legit. However, I agree. Not the most prettiest device.

I really don't see what's so bad about it. I like the Ativ S and this looks about the same.
    Looks just like the SIII but uglier.

The Ativ S has a boring design, but it is slick.

Somebody with knowledge said that those leaked images are for the low-end Ativ Marco...not the high end Ative Odyssey.

Sounds like the author of the article has been misinformed. The Odyssey was apparently supposed to be comparable to the 8S in terms of specs, wasn't it?

From what I have gathered, the Odyssey specs are flagship (4.65", HD AMOLED display, 1.5 GHZ dual core snapdragon processor, 16 and 32 GB memory, expandable memory, etc).

The Marco is supposed to be a low-end (free with contract) device (4.0" SD AMOLED display, blah, blah, blah). Apparently the leaked image is of the Marco.