Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Samsung ATIV S again delayed from week 48 to week 52?

Samsung ATIV S again delayed | SamMobile

It does not say Canada too but I live here and its no where to be found?....its now week 48 ....Come on Samsung get you (Do not try to beat the curse filter) together..!

I have been waiting since Aug 29 2012.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 11-28-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Do not try to beat the curse filter
    ATIV S is LIFE

Delay likely due to the screen also used in the Galaxy S3 which is selling like hot cakes. Can't blame 'em but Sammy don't give two hoots for Windows phone. Thats why I switched from my Samsung Omnia to a Nokia 920.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    Samsung hasn't done much to advertise their own Ativ tablet. Maybe they realized Ativ is a terrible name. :D

Quote Originally Posted by paulm187 View Post
    Delay likely due to the screen also used in the Galaxy S3 which is selling like hot cakes. Can't blame 'em but Sammy don't give two hoots for Windows phone. Thats why I switched from my Samsung Omnia to a Nokia 920.
    THIS.

And I think people who are considering buying this device should take this alone as an outlook as to future support of the device. While I understand meeting demand for a popular product is important, I don't think it's more important than delivering a new product within a decent timeframe (which they can't do because they're using the screens to produce the GS3?)

This phone has no future with me, and it was my original choice. Samsung will eventually release it, and then probably continue to do a ****-poor job of supporting it. Be forewarned.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Samsung Canada say's !

“We are committed to launch the ATIV S nationally, on Rogers, Bell and TELUS, as well as Sasktel. We are planning to ship to carriers in early December, and should have supply at stores by mid month.”

Samsung ATIV S Canadian launch slightly delayed, now expected mid-December | MobileSyrup.com

So the ATIV S is 2-3 weeks late in Canada! This sucks :(

ATIV S is still my WP8!
    ATIV S is LIFE