Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bentstraight

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So it's been confirmed. Bell will be selling the Ativ S Friday, December 14. My guess is Rogers and Telus will have it on the same day.
    Now WP8 officially has a shot at making some ground in the market. If the Ativ S doesn't help WP8, then nothing short of a UI change will help. Yeah, you bet I'm serious.

Source
    Thanked by:
    travisel likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. However I would like to disagree about this being the only thing that can help WP8... There's the Nokia Lumia 620 as well. I think that will do more good for WP8 than the ATIV S.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The 620 and 8s will help a lot to grow the ecosystem but a good flagship device with expandable storage should pull in some android users as well. The 620 is a little too low on specs and high on size, weight to tackle iPhone 5, but should compete with people buying iPhone 4 for free upgrades.

Other than what is out I think wp8 could use something between HTC 8x and 8s. Basically take the 8s and upgrade ram/cpu to 8x levels, keep the SD card. That would be a good competitor for the iPhone 5.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliandren View Post
    Other than what is out I think wp8 could use something between HTC 8x and 8s. Basically take the 8s and upgrade ram/cpu to 8x levels, keep the SD card. That would be a good competitor for the iPhone 5.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    I'd like to add as well... add a FFC.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    The Ativ-S should help with S3 addicts, Still I hope HTC will release a 64Gb WP8 device based on the OneXplus early in 2013.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    you better preorder cause I bet these are in small batches and won't keep up with demand.

Global Posts
    3,509 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Be nice to see a US carrier launch one, but I haven't heard nada. As a Focus S user, I am very excited to see what Sammy brings to the table. Nokia has me sold, but I am very partial to Samsung so my mind is still open to a slamming, fantastic, ****-whuppin', classy device. Is the ATIV it?

Hmmmm.......
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.