Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Ativ S= Samsung Galaxy S 3 with Windows Phone 8 pre load it on it.... That's it. End of Story.

Now the arguments about the differences start.LOL
    Troll somewhere else, please.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Unplugged yesterday at 10am, used it for GPS, a couple calls, lots of texts/e-mail, surfing the web and apps, etc. Fairly "typical" use if there is such a thing. Anyways I crashed at a friends last night so couldn't plug in. Used the phone all day today without giving it any juice and I am still hovering at twenty percent battery life. Very cool.
    snowmutt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Compare the HTC 8X with the Lumia 920 with headphones which is the way most people use their phones, then come back and tell me. Dolby audio on the Nokia sounds wayyyyyyyyyy better than beats on the HTC 8X
    I actually thought the same. I like HTC as well as this is the first time in a long time I bought a phone other than HTC, but personally like the Music on my Lumia 920 better that on my HTC One X. I'm no audio expert by any means. Hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    Just out of curiousity: Why? You didn't really go into detail. What do you like better about the ATIV? Interested in your opinion as you have had both devices,
    Prefer the screen size and thickness, build quality is slightly better and I also prefer the metallic look to it. Defiantly feels like a premium product against the 820. Would still recommend the 820 as an alternative if you didn't want such a large screen.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    As Samsung is taking it's time getting this baby to market in the US, I will be keeping an eye on this thread. I loved my Focus S enough that originally this was going to be my next phone, sight unseesn. Then I really was excited after seeing it. But Nokia won me over with the sheer force of nature it is putting on it's WP's, and I am leaning to one of thier WP 8's. But, I keep coming back to the ATIV. It really is a classy device from a device maker I trust.

I can't totally shut the door on Sammy. Will trust in reviews from my fellow WP Central users. Be interesting to see what the ATIV Odyssey brings on Verizon.

Decisions, decisions...
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    As Samsung is taking it's time getting this baby to market in the US, I will be keeping an eye on this thread. I loved my Focus S enough that originally this was going to be my next phone, sight unseesn. Then I really was excited after seeing it. But Nokia won me over with the sheer force of nature it is putting on it's WP's, and I am leaning to one of thier WP 8's. But, I keep coming back to the ATIV. It really is a classy device from a device maker I trust.

I can't totally shut the door on Sammy. Will trust in reviews from my fellow WP Central users. Be interesting to see what the ATIV Odyssey brings on Verizon.

Decisions, decisions...
    My Focus won me over, and my Focus S after that! But... I am so disappointed in Samsung for not even sharing info on a US release date... That I am heavily considering going with another maker for the next 2 years.... Sad really, as I had been telling all of my friends and family about this phone for months now...

hi, is that bad? i've read on the cnet review that it sounds just like the galaxy s3, (which has an almost perfect audio output), so it gets me confused to read that it lack bass, because the s3 was a leader in that category. I've thad the original focus, focus s. lumia 822, 920, and 928. Of all of them the focus s was the best. and boy it did sound good. I will have to decide now on what phone to buy next. It's either the ativ s or the lumia 928. I'm a bit of an audiophile, so my decision will be based solely on the audio department. ps. the lumia 820 has a terrible sound quality, just like the 822 and the 920.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12