Ativ S goes on sale today i Israel

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems it's only available online through the Samsung site so unless you already know about it and look for it specifically, you won't find it (most people in Israel get their phones from the carriers)
It costs ~875$, which is more than the HTC 8X (the lumia 920 isn't on sale right now). The Galaxy S3 and Note II cost the same on that site

I wonder why Samsung isn't selling this phone through carriers

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I am not sure how things are structured in Isreal, but if Samsung is pricing this the same as the GS3 and Note 2 then I fear for it's success. It does not have the same name recognition, and I have no idea what Windows Phone or Nokia popularity is like there.

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The Israeli market is changing. they have new laws about how carriers can sell phones and allowing others to import and sell phones as well. This resulted in two new carriers that charge 25$/month for unlimited everything (it hurts me to think about what I pay in the US).
I think awareness of available phone models will be the problem. The GS3 is available through carriers, they are all promoting it. If the Ativ S is only sold through samsung directly and they don't push it into some retail chain, no one will even know about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss