Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eshy
    Developer

It seems it's only available online through the Samsung site so unless you already know about it and look for it specifically, you won't find it (most people in Israel get their phones from the carriers)
    It costs ~875$, which is more than the HTC 8X (the lumia 920 isn't on sale right now). The Galaxy S3 and Note II cost the same on that site

I wonder why Samsung isn't selling this phone through carriers

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Interesting. I am not sure how things are structured in Isreal, but if Samsung is pricing this the same as the GS3 and Note 2 then I fear for it's success. It does not have the same name recognition, and I have no idea what Windows Phone or Nokia popularity is like there.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    Good! It is a nice WP8 device.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
    Developer

The Israeli market is changing. they have new laws about how carriers can sell phones and allowing others to import and sell phones as well. This resulted in two new carriers that charge 25$/month for unlimited everything (it hurts me to think about what I pay in the US).
    I think awareness of available phone models will be the problem. The GS3 is available through carriers, they are all promoting it. If the Ativ S is only sold through samsung directly and they don't push it into some retail chain, no one will even know about it.
    snowmutt likes this.