Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Been getting annoying low static modem like noise through headphones when loading songs and sometimes the noise remain for some time when music is playing, it began for a couple a days ago and also seem to occur only when wifi is on. Have you guys experienced this?

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    I get some crazy static popping sound on certain sound effects.

Ok, should get these sound artefacts recorded and post them.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    I replaced my phone, the popping is still there. Cant think what it can be. I cannot surely have happened on two phones with exactly the same issue. I am considering recording the sounds so I can establish if anyone else gets the same ones.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    turn off wifi :]

I encounter this problem when I first open XBOX Music, it'll linger and pop for about 5 seconds, then it'll be fine from then on. Its essentially whenever I close the app out. Guess that's like it warming up, eh?

Listen to the sample at own risk! The background hiss is from the bad recording quality but you clearly hear those crackle and pops around 1 minute and also a pop sound when the music starts. This is with Ativ S loading classical music from Xbox Music store. The volume on the phone was 10/30, so you can get very loud with this phone :) Sadly I didn't manage to capture those static sounds when wifi on. Do you here those crackle sounds on your Lumia 920 peachy001?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...E1jtQ3z0UQJKJ8

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    Mine were actually much worse. I wish I had recorded them. Got the portico update last night and they have significantly reduced. You got it yet?

I have 8.0.10211.204, so I guess its Portico, out of the box three weeks ago.

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    It is portico. My issue has all but gone. Portico has brought about some strange screen brightness adjustments though. At times it almost pulses.