Samsung ATIV S problems

qwertyiqwer

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, that i'm not really satisfied with my ativ s.:asleep: For reasons like: You can't just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed, no~ You need to download this and that and this :grincry: And connection to xbox is not always that great for games, not to MENTION the mini-diary app that you save( at least for my one) and then you press home, and come back to see all your input deleted :angry: But.... ya, i guess it's okay in its own annoying way :amaze:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, that i'm not really satisfied with my ativ s.:asleep: For reasons like: You can't just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed, no~ You need to download this and that and this :grincry: And connection to xbox is not always that great for games, not to MENTION the mini-diary app that you save( at least for my one) and then you press home, and come back to see all your input deleted :angry: But.... ya, i guess it's okay in its own annoying way :amaze:

I haven't had any of those issues, you can "just connect to a computer and simply copy paste the files needed" so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, the connection to Xbox for games is perfect so, again, I have no idea what you're doing wrong. I don't use the mini diary but if you're having issues with it then you should feed that back to Samsung.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone about a week ago now, and using a 32GB class 10 Sandisk Ultra (High Speed) micro SDHC in my Ativ S with Telus in Canada. I tend to about once a day have my card kind of stop responding to the phone. To the point where the phone wont even power off, just says GoodBye and sits there, so if I do a hard reboot on it. When it boots up it says there may be a problem with the card and to put it into a computer and try to fix it. Computer always does a test and says its fine, so back in the phone it goes and the cycle starts again.

How is the card formatted, I have the same one as you and reformatting the card as exFAT helped me with the issues I had with the SD Card.

qwertyiqwer

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It's just for games like Alphajax and so, that need other "online" phone-users. Ya, the mini-diary.... 0-0 all the memories that were SUPPOsed to be recorded :unhappysweat: it's not always, it's just like 1) i learned that you can't just press the plus sign, and press the tick after you've finished your entry. If you do that,then go back via the windows button, then it automatically deletes it, because you didn't press the 3 dots and THEN press save, and after a lot of painful hardships and losses....(my entries!:cool:) i learned that you also have to turn the diary page before you press the windows button,otherwise even though you pressed save, and you pressed the tick several times(which i assumed was mini-save), ALL, and i mean ALL your work is gone, like- literally! :grincry:
The copy-paste thing... ya, i mean, if you have like a word document, you put it in your phone, it doesn't even recall it, you don't see it as an icon or anything anywhere... 0-0 Apparantly, you have to downlolad a hfs server, and transfer your files via that :wink: but the prob is....
YES I DID DOWNLOAD IT and....
and....
:crying:
It was for a test i was supposed to write today, so i wanted to study from my cellphone during the day, before it.:confused: The icons did turn up at home, but when i went somewhere else(w/no internet) it got destroyed!! or something.... lol i'm being dramatic, but tough day, huh? :winktongue: I came home and plugged my cellphone in again, then i checked- it was there. I take it out of my computer, then check- gone! And THEN i learned you have to press a "save" button after opening each single document on your cellphone. But my "save" button is in grey, (others in white) like you can't press it. There's also "save as" but that's just dropbox, and it's probable that wherever i head out, there is no internet :amaze: So....

Ravenmads

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently purchased the Ativ s and have exactly the same auto shut down as you describe.

For those out there wondering about Ativ s problems this is now my second phone. The first Ativ had a major issues that would not allow the camera to work at all. The only thing that I could see externally that may have prevented the camera from functioning, was that the camera button felt very flimsy. I wrote to Samsung about the shut down problem and they had no quick solution.....Come on Samsung pick-up your game! They advised me to send it away for repair.

I was just wondering if you had come across a solution. I am seriously considering taking it back for a refund this time.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone commented it happens either with problematic SD card or in area with low signal strength. I have mine auto-restart twice in area with low signal strength.

That was probably me in a different thread, I had mine reboot in a low signal area and almost daily reboots until the SD card was reformatted as exFAT.

Robert Lefrancke

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi i just bought a ATIV S two months ago and just rang up for them to come and pick it up.
The reason is that when i make a call the screen goes black and i cant hang up or push those numbers that these automated answering machines want u to , also when i ring people , the dam phone hangs up on them ,but it does not always happen .

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi i just bought a ATIV S two months ago and just rang up for them to come and pick it up.
The reason is that when i make a call the screen goes black and i cant hang up or push those numbers that these automated answering machines want u to , also when i ring people , the dam phone hangs up on them ,but it does not always happen .

Did you check for updates, that's a known issue with older firmware AFAIK.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
had my ATIV S for 18 months now. Only issue I have is from the 8.1 dev preview camera flash. Other than that, no major random reboots. I was tempted in upgrading to ATIV SE just for the sake of getting the latest toy! But 8.1 has added so much more life than there already was.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had no problems EXCEPT ... lately there have been appearing more and more black dots and spots in the Amoled screen when viewing dark grey backgrounds. Anyone else have it? I think it's normal for AMOLED?

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems EXCEPT ... lately there have been appearing more and more black dots and spots in the Amoled screen when viewing dark grey backgrounds. Anyone else have it? I think it's normal for AMOLED?

Probably normal, just months since I bought my ATIV S, I noticed some slight burned marks in the screen, checked the internet to find out that it is the shortcoming of AMOLED screens, the only way to avoid it is not to keep the same screen for too long, and reduce the standby time. So now from time to time I re-arrange the tiles, and don't require go all the way back to the top of the main page, and reduce the standby time from 5 minutes to 3, hoping that at least it will not aggravate the situation.

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Well the new update to DP has messed up the location services on my Ativ S and some apps that use location crash. Had I known I wouldnt have updated

Ivan Iliev2

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Dear all

I have a huge problem with my ATIV S. Since yesterday it doesnt recognize my USB cable and obviously after running out of battery it is dead now. Every time I plug it in to load it vibrates, turns on the blue windows screen and then shows me the empty battery - without the sign for loading - and turns of again. If I let connected to the cable the mentioned procedure comes in a loop and goes on for hours (currently 10 hours - over night).

Any idea how to solve? Tried out also other USB cables, took out baterry for 1 hour - nothing works...

Maybe you guys have any ideas...

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Dear all

I have a huge problem with my ATIV S. Since yesterday it doesnt recognize my USB cable and obviously after running out of battery it is dead now. Every time I plug it in to load it vibrates, turns on the blue windows screen and then shows me the empty battery - without the sign for loading - and turns of again. If I let connected to the cable the mentioned procedure comes in a loop and goes on for hours (currently 10 hours - over night).

Any idea how to solve? Tried out also other USB cables, took out baterry for 1 hour - nothing works...

Maybe you guys have any ideas...

My friend has the same problem and it just started out of nowhere. Yesterday his phone was fine and today it doesn't give an indication of charging. I can turn the phone off and plug it in, I get the vibration and it turns itself on but doesn't charge.

He is currently running the latest developer preview, my Lumia 920 doesn't seem to have this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

lrleslie

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. I have a 64G micro that brings my total memory to 90G. Works fine.

I think some of the problems folks are having would go away it they'd format their units

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3