02-13-2013, 02:30 PM #1
- 1 Posts
My Ativ S has developed a fault (I think). I can charge the phone, but the battery icon at the top of the screen doesn't indicate that it is actually charging. Also, when connecting the phone to a pc, it does not recognise the thing.
So...I can charge, but not transfer data by the looks of it.
Any ideas as to what's up on this thing?
- 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM #2
Is it the stock cable? I'd swap the cable out first.
Cheap USB cables often won't do data, only charging. Even then, it's frequently a trickle.
If a verified good cable isn't working, it may be a fault in the USB connection.
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM #4
- 1 Posts
had the same problem when connecting for the first time and fixed my problem by doing the following:
1. removed sd card
2. connected to laptop
3. samsung wp was then recognised able to connect and sync.
4. put the sd card back in
5. formatted it
6. connected it to the laptop and it now works ok..so far. good luck
- 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM #5
Yeah since this before with other devices where if its a cheap cable and not a true OEM cable or the actual manufacture cable from Samsung where cable will charge the phone but the PC will not see it. Like they have some suggested try another cable if its something you got off Ebay make sure it's a OEM or from the Samsung. You should be able to get another one from them you might have to pay more but at least you should not have any issues with it.
- By TenTwelve in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 11-01-2013, 10:19 AM
- By hf423 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
- By levelbest in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM