Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    What's the battery life on these like? I'm a moderate user.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I take mine off the charger at 6am and generally have 60% left when I put it on the charger at 11 PM. I am also a moderate user.
    Thanked by:

The battery for ATIV S is a lot better than I expected. Previously I owned a HTC HD7, every morning I turn on the phone to use, normally the battery has about 30% to 40% by 4~5PM, and it would be fewer if I use the phone some more, so I often need to plug the phone to the charger by 3PM. And now I'm using an ATIV S, things change a lot better, I still turn on my phone in the morning as usual, use my phone whole day as usual, by 6PM I leave from work, the battery is still at 60~70%!! With a lot batter power left, sometimes I have to play games pretty hard to bring the battery down to 30~40% by 10~11PM. It is so good to have a phone with such powerful battery!!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I get about 36 hours on a charge of daily use! ...very good thought you have to follow the rules of turning powered function's off when not needed, alot of people leave powered function's on all time and get only half amount of time & power out of their phone.
    😎
    ATIV S is LIFE
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    I get about 36 hours on a charge of daily use! ...very good thought you have to follow the rules of turning powered function's off when not needed, alot of people leave powered function's on all time and get only half amount of time & power out of their phone.
    ��
    Powered functions which are? 36 hours sounds good. Really like the look of the phone

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Powered function's are:

- Internet Sharing
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - GPS
    - Brightness "Display"

I like the automatic function if it had more than 3 choice's to choose from! Would have been better if it had 5 or a slide bar with 10 levels of brightness? Like my "WM6.5" did!! And the option of brightness when phone is on USB charging plugged in!

You can find a quick links buttons apps in the store to help you make quick on/off as needed! 😎

Maybe one day when chips are made on 10nm or less with 4000mAh battery & solar power displays charging coming, then it won't matter on power saving like today's power hungry Smartphone's. Imagine a smartphone you charge once a week or month or on the fly real time solar energy charging? 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE
    Thanked by:
    I keep brightness on medium (auto off) and leave WiFi off, as well as NFC and GPS when I'm not using them. I've been VERY impressed with battery life. I don't really use my phone at work, except games on breaks. I listen to music to/from work, use internet before work, and I'm on it HARD for the 4 hours between getting home and going to bed, and after over 16 hours, with about 6 hours and change being extremely heavy usage and the other 10 being basically standby, I usually have 50-60% left when I throw it on the charger for the night. The lowest it's ever been is like 20-25% left when I've stayed up til like 2am out and about, even when I didn't work and am on moderate-heavy usage from 6am on. I don't use battery saver ever.

Also coming from an HTC HD7 I can't even describe how amazing it is to NEVER have to charge during the day... 2 hours of games was impossible without being plugged in, and now with the Ativ it's like 10% of the battery. Pure. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by travisel View Post
    Powered function's are:

- Internet Sharing
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - GPS
    - Brightness "Display"

I like the automatic function if it had more than 3 choice's to choose from! Would have been better if it had 5 or a slide bar with 10 levels of brightness? Like my "WM6.5" did!! And the option of brightness when phone is on USB charging plugged in!

You can find a quick links buttons apps in the store to help you make quick on/off as needed! ��

Maybe one day when chips are made on 10nm or less with 4000mAh battery & solar power displays charging coming, then it won't matter on power saving like today's power hungry Smartphone's. Imagine a smartphone you charge once a week or month or on the fly real time solar energy charging? ��
    I also have a Motorola Razr Maxx wich I charge once a week with moderate usage :)

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_lysgaard View Post
    I also have a Motorola Razr Maxx wich I charge once a week with moderate usage :)
    I can get week on standby too with my ATIV S 😎
    ATIV S is LIFE
    Just had to pop in and say you guys disgust me. You can't imagine how jealous I'm with this sort of battery life you are boasting about ;)

Might need to invest in Ativ S :P
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:

Its great going out with a fully charged phone to work...knowing it will be still holding charge the NEXT evening!!

In the past I couldnot get home the same evening without a dead phone

You guys have chosen the right device. It's logical that you have a great battery life with the ativ s, it has a whopping 2300 mAh. My htc 8x has 'only' 1800mAh so my phone can only last for about 26 hours. Sometimes more but that's when I'm not using it much.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The best is yet to come with OS upgrade to WP8.1/WP8.5 etc etc with even better performance to battery life with ATIV S! 😁
    ATIV S is LIFE
    Lumia 920 has 2000 mah and it doesn't perform this well! That's what I hate about technology, we gone ahead leaps and bounds with it but no one has come up with an idea of making better batteries. They only fix it by larger battery. Note 2 with 3100 mah was so freaking impressive! But android made me stab myself twice.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Lumia 920 has 2000 mah and it doesn't perform this well! That's what I hate about technology, we gone ahead leaps and bounds with it but no one has come up with an idea of making better batteries. They only fix it by larger battery. Note 2 with 3100 mah was so freaking impressive! But android made me stab myself twice.
    The real problem with the 920 in terms of battery life seems to be consistency. I know a couple of 920 owners who enjoy the same caliber of battery life I do, even with 300mah less available. You just gotta get a good one. But ultimately, as long as your phone always makes it back to the charger it's good enough, I think. Obviously the better the maximum rating is, the better the chances of that being the case. Nice thing is if I go for a weekend trip and forget the charger I can make it back as long as I don't go hard on it.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but this is a must read for converts like myself who is sick of having to constantly charge to use 4G even though I turn off unused charge apps and features. This phone looks to be a no brainer choice.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    If it isn't Windows, then it isn't trying hard enough.
    Lumia 928 - Surface Pro 3 i7/8/512
    The Ativ S has fantastic battery life. 5 days standby in Edge, 60% signal. I usually have around 30% left after a day of heavy use. Light use, two days easy. Great!
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolknight1968 View Post
    The Ativ S has fantastic battery life. 5 days standby in Edge, 60% signal. I usually have around 30% left after a day of heavy use. Light use, two days easy. Great!
    Coming from where I've suffered, these battery life reviews seem far fetch, but very consistent everywhere. I'm salivating over this phone now. DW is smh over my enthusiasm for the ATIV S family. I'm also looking at teaming my upgrade with the ATIV Q too. Every since the Samsung event, DW and I are both eyeing that hybrid and ATIV S NEO adoption.
    If it isn't Windows, then it isn't trying hard enough.
    Lumia 928 - Surface Pro 3 i7/8/512