Have been holding out, but to no avail.

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I have been patiently waiting for the Ativ s, I raved about it to anyone who would listen on the topic, and was extremely excited... But as we still have no word for the US market, and I am not spending $500+ on a phone, it looks like my upgrade is going to have to be a Nokia 920... I dont like it much, but do not want to jump off of the windows phone bandwagon just yet, so I am stuck...

It is a shame really, I was so hopeful, but on I must move.

Has anyone else been forced to make a similar decision due to the lack of info from Sammy?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been patiently waiting for the Ativ s, I raved about it to anyone who would listen on the topic, and was extremely excited... But as we still have no word for the US market, and I am not spending $500+ on a phone, it looks like my upgrade is going to have to be a Nokia 920... I dont like it much, but do not want to jump off of the windows phone bandwagon just yet, so I am stuck...

It is a shame really, I was so hopeful, but on I must move.

Has anyone else been forced to make a similar decision due to the lack of info from Sammy?

Curious, why did you want the ativ? Better battery life and bigger screen? Lighter and thinner?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's technically the only flagship Windows Phone with expandable storage and user-replaceable batteries.

And, it's a technical copy of the S3 (sans the processor and the color scheme, as well as the Windows logo.)

JNM

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I too was interested in the Ativ S. I keep seeing it used in the images for posts here on WPCentral but there has been no indication that any carrier in the USA will offer it. The only two Windows Phones I am interested in are this one and the Nokia Lumia 920. One doesn't seem to be coming and the other is, once again for Nokia, an AT&T exclusive. Thus, I have a Note 2 with Verizon and will hold onto it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I too was interested in the Ativ S. I keep seeing it used in the images for posts here on WPCentral but there has been no indication that any carrier in the USA will offer it. The only two Windows Phones I am interested in are this one and the Nokia Lumia 920. One doesn't seem to be coming and the other is, once again for Nokia, an AT&T exclusive. Thus, I have a Note 2 with Verizon and will hold onto it.

A Nokia flagship will come soon on Verizon. :)

Podunks

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Curious, why did you want the ativ? Better battery life and bigger screen? Lighter and thinner?

The weight, thickness, expandable storage, removable battery, larger screen.

The weight and thickness are huge for me coming from a Focus S, having messed around with a family members 920, it feels like a cinder block.

Edit:
Thankfully I was not able to get to the ATT store as I just saw the specs for the S4... And wow it blows the 920 away... :( looks like I may have to jump the windows phone boat, just keep my focus S to play with when I miss it.

Display: 4.99-inch SuperAMOLED FULL HD resolution (1080 x 1920 display with a 480ppi pixel density)

Operating System: Android 4.2.1

Processor: Quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15 and quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7

RAM: 2GB

Memory: 16GB internal, expandable to 64GB with microSD card.

Camera:13 MP with LED flash with 2.1 MP front camera

Video: 1080p video recording

: 4G Network LTE

Battery: Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery

Terry Carter

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
what are you talking about I got my Samsung Ativ S i8750 at the first of the year first week in January. Just got it unlocked on line. There are many places that will sell you one. I got mine before the price went up. $589.50 from Negri Electronics. But this phone is well worth the price. Amazing PHONE!!!

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I believe the us version is supposed to be called the ativ odyssey, not sure why the name change, but last rumour I heard was Verizon sometime in April. Or if you know someone here in Canada or close to it to grab you one. The version here operates on hspa+ network. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss