Internet Sharing not working

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATIV S and i am unable to get internet sharing working on it. I checked with my carrier and tethering is enabled. Every time I try it is says Connection not shared, Ther's no mobile data connection to share at the moment.

I used the same sim i had in my Samsung Galaxy 1 and tethering worked, the sim is only 3 months old.

Australia
TPG is the company i use.
Tethering is enabled on the account.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well i reset my phone and it deleted everything, even tho i had backed up my apps it did not re-install them again.

It didnt not fix the problem.... most annoying... now i have to setup my phone again.... this is really pissing me off now...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
A soft reset is a little different, so i suggest trying that. Just the power button and volume down for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset, power, volume down, and camera button for 10 seconds.

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well i just did the hard reset and its still not working.

I was able to restore my apps from the website so thats ok but it only backed up my text messages from 2 weeks ago, anything i had over the last 2 weeks is lost :(

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I was able to restore my apps from the website so thats ok but it only backed up my text messages from 2 weeks ago, anything i had over the last 2 weeks is lost :(

You had to go to email and accounts and sync it before you did that.

Sorry it didn't work though.

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I actually have to RESET my Lumia twice before it finally ask if I want to restore all of my back up. Probably doing another hard reset and directly log in the Microsoft account might actually helps.

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Alright I'll give it another go now, one that it did fix was find my phone now works, but it seems wifi is a little funny now.

I'll try another soft reset then a hard reset.

I do love the phone and i do love the os i guess every phone has bugs.

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh this time when i did a hard reset I logged in and then it asked me to do a restore... I see... i rushed it before because i didnt have reception. its at 6% download now so i will see how it goes. It would be pretty good if it restored how I had my tiles setup.

Its been sitting at 97% for about 5 minutes now :(

Restore failed.... I'll try resetting it again

I just did a soft reset and now all the apps are installing and my lock screen is back :) wow thats impressive.

Update: Internet sharing is still not working. A few apps didnt reinstall, i guess that was the 3% that failed, all settings seem to be back. Ive checked with the phone company a few times and its set correctly, so it must be a windows buy or samsung idk.... will have to wait and see now.

Last edited:

braunfelt

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the solution :)
Turns out the issue we are having on all unlocked wp8 is our sim. you need to get a new LTE sim for your phone. using an old sim even with the correct APN it will not work. I have confirmed this on both my ATIVs and my Lumia 920. I am posting this everywhere tonight took me 2 freaking months to figure it out. Enjoy.

jimwboyd

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8X TMOBILE

SAME PROBLEM, NOW FIXED

Today I went out and bought a Tmobile htc 8x brand new, got home and come to find out the interenet sharing is blocked by carrier.
after a lot of research, i decided that instead of borking my phone trying to install a rom, i could try something that worked on my Titan
I went to the connection setup, instead of tmobile, i chose the walmart mobile.

now it works.

That was on the original rom.
I just updated, time to check.
yup it all works still

update killed it, but i was able to get it back.

so, after the update, my little workaround would no longer work, no matter the configuration. so
RESET PHONE FROM ABOUT MENU
REBOOT DO ALL THE STANDARD SETTINGS
GO INTO CONNECTION SETTINGS App
Select Walmart Mobile
power down, (through power button slid window)
power up, click share and its working.

Last edited:

Decan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I rang my phone company and they said there is nothing wrong on their end, they dont support the phone so i have to contact samsung..... awesome...

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried my friends iphone microsim but check this out her microsim was smaller than my sim and her sim did not fit in my ativ s sim slot, so I still couldn't try out that theory of an lte sim in my ativ s and I cannot get my internet sharing to work either, there must be a solution out there!

fruehling

May 8, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8X TMOBILE

SAME PROBLEM, NOW FIXED

Today I went out and bought a Tmobile htc 8x brand new, got home and come to find out the interenet sharing is blocked by carrier.
after a lot of research, i decided that instead of borking my phone trying to install a rom, i could try something that worked on my Titan
I went to the connection setup, instead of tmobile, i chose the walmart mobile.

now it works.

That was on the original rom.
I just updated, time to check.
yup it all works still

update killed it, but i was able to get it back.

so, after the update, my little workaround would no longer work, no matter the configuration. so
RESET PHONE FROM ABOUT MENU
REBOOT DO ALL THE STANDARD SETTINGS
GO INTO CONNECTION SETTINGS App
Select Walmart Mobile
power down, (through power button slid window)
power up, click share and its working.

what in the world is "CONNECTION SETTINGS App"??

I've reset the phone, but I don't know where is this app in my HTC 8x. I am using the Walmart Mobile plan. Help please!

harky111

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
A smart bloke here in Australia on the whirlpool forums has found a fix to this problem that worked for me (I'm on the 3/vodafail network). Here is his solution:

To solve this problem, just go to "Setting"->"APN" and untick "Automatic APN", wait a few seconds, then tick "Automatic APN" again. The phone'll ask you to confirm this as it will remove all previous setting and apply the new setting, just click "Yes". After that you can enjoy the network sharing with your Samsung ativ s phone. By the way, I'm using TPG's sim card which is on OPTUS's network.

Full credit to PppQpp on the Whirlpool forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786