How I eliminated nearly all of my Ativ S reboot problem.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As I said before, I was having reboots on my Ativ S, mainly when the data connectivity was being lost.
It is a bug that was once present on the HTC 8X.
I even spend some time creating conditions where my Ativ S will reboot.

Now today, I have some good news! My phone has been up for nearly 5 days now, NO reboots!

So what did I change?
I went through all my apps and deleted all those I hardly ever need. Like ie. Verge reader, Local.ch etc.
Then the remaining apps, I allowed all of them to run in the background.

So, if you have reboots, try allowing all apps to run in the background. If you blocked some and uninstall all apps you don't really need cause you can access the website over the IE browser.

Also, I installed an app called "LastBootUpTime" which allows me to keep an eye on reboots.
Last I switch networks manually before I go to the area where I need to roam on another network.
(Network name issue as it is the same network but under another name, so I don't pay for roaming.)

Try this, I hope it helps.

My Ativ S runs Firmware 2424.12.12.3 on Swisscom in Switzerland.

emyzz

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting my Ativ S, but now I have a 620 and 2 or 3 times a day it reboots, I'll try what you say, but I like to have so many apps installed...=(

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to say here that I cleaned up bad music files and wrongly displaying files (WP8 audio player) on my cat4 32Gb microSD card. (Sandisk).

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an Ativ S and I'm so pissed about this! This is ridiculous! Even if your "trick" work, what's the point making your battery fly way in half day?

GeorgeKan

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
i have 25 apps installed and it hasnt rebooted once 8 days now, its been on for 8 days except once it rebooted for installing an update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos