Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

I guess the newest update for the Ativ S is different in different regions as seen from various users screenshots. I haven't noticed any significant improvements at all, but suddenly i was wondering, is the resolution somewhat better? Earlier i found most accent colours blurry and hard on the eyes (except orange, malva, gray), but now eg. cobolt blue looks quite nice after the update? Or is my eye sight suddenly improved? I dont really know for sure. Still it would be really cool with more colours, at least double the amount. The Facebook blue -colour would be great as accent colour.

Regards,
    Mankku

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Is this update region or handset specific? I have just set my phone to check for updates but it says's none are available! I'm still on 2424.12.12.3.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i received a quite large update minutes ago, i have version 2424.13.3.1

Global Posts
    1,751 Global Posts
    I just received this update as well, my ATIV S is currently migrating data though. I wonder if this is the update that fixes the problems with ICS that some people were having?

I knew I'd seen an article on it somewhere, here it is:

Samsung prepping a firmware update for the ATIV S Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    first impressions are, the performance is phenomenal now, it reminds me the jump from ICS to jellybean in my Galaxy nexus. It just opens up instantaneous everything, i am very satisfied but bar performance i dont see anything new at all.

Global Posts
    1,751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeKan View Post
    first impressions are, the performance is phenomenal now, it reminds me the jump from ICS to jellybean in my Galaxy nexus. It just opens up instantaneous everything, i am very satisfied but bar performance i dont see anything new at all.
    Check the article in my previous post :P

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i didnt try wifi tethering before, nevertheless i am satisfied with its performance now, it was mediocre before and i had glitches here and there. Lets hope to some critical fixes and aditions in the future
    Still sitting with a 2212.12.12.2 on bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck_0532 View Post
    Still sitting with a 2212.12.12.2 on bell.
    I asked Samsung Canada if there was a firmware update coming for Bell. They said that there is no news. I'm wondering if this update is only for Europe, since when news of this update broke, it took place in Italy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Did the i8750 Samsung ATIV S get it? I haven't gotten an update for it yet. I'm using it in the US on AT&T.

I'm using an unbranded UK GT-i8750 in Australia on the Optus network and got the 2424.13.3.1 firmware a few hours ago.
    So what exactly did we get in this recent update?

Global Posts
    1,751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolbluebear View Post
    So what exactly did we get in this recent update?
    Check my posts further up, it's just a fix for tethering issues.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I only can get the update by OTA?
    I tried connecting my phone via Samsung Kies, but whenever I tried plugging the phone in, the program didn't respond. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

Global Posts
    1,751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Becker1 View Post
    I tried connecting my phone via Samsung Kies, but whenever I tried plugging the phone in, the program didn't respond. Perhaps you'll have better luck.
    Samsung Kies isn't used by Windows Phones, all updates are provided OTA instead.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    Samsung Kies isn't used by Windows Phones, all updates are provided OTA instead.
    Good to know. That's actually kind of frustrating, since Samsung recommends the program on their ATIV S product page. I'll dump the software now. Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Becker1 View Post
    Good to know. That's actually kind of frustrating, since Samsung recommends the program on their ATIV S product page. I'll dump the software now. Thanks!
    No Problem, Microsoft have their own sync program in both Metro/Modern and desktop app flavours depending on what Desktop OS you run:

Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

It's fairly basic but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    No Problem, Microsoft have their own sync program in both Metro/Modern and desktop app flavours depending on what Desktop OS you run:

Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

It's fairly basic but it works.
    Yes, I do have that app, though I suppose the only way to check for updates is through the phone itself, since it's OTA.
    Last edited by Matthew Becker1; 06-10-2013 at 10:54 AM.

I bought a brand new unlocked EU model and i still dont seem to be getting prompted for updating, nor does manually trying it work either....

Guess i'm doomed to never get updates if everyone else has had it by now then? Or is it still the waiting game for some/me?

Cant find any other way to update it - at least, google is not being my friend when i try and search ;)

I'm on 2424.13.3.1
    Current WP: Lumia 930
    Current WT: Microsoft Surface 2 w/ Touch Cover 2

History WP: Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 710 > Lumia 800 > Lumia 620 > Lumia 820 > Samsung ATIV S > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1020
    History WT: Asus Vivo TAB Smart > Toshiba Encore 8 > Microsoft Surface RT

Im from Israel and i havent received any update.

No update in France, and now the updated ATIV Beam app is asking me to update my phone in order to be able to share anything other than photos. Pretty weird.
    migueli2 and rolan2dr like this.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I bought an Ativ S and still haven't received the update. Im stuck on 2424.12.12.3!! I'm using it on AT&T but it's bought from France.
    I'm at 2212...

Sent from my Samsung Ativ S using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast