The Answer... Cat10 or Cat4 microSD.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I see this question all the time... Cat 10 or Cat 4 mictoSD card.
The answer is, the T899 LTE Ativ S is Cat 10 certified, the i8750 GSM Ativ S is Cat 4 certified. So on a GSM Ativ S using a Cat 10 may or may not work. So get a Cat4 32GB for the i8750. In fact the Cat10 is only faster for large read write operations, for random read writes a Cat4 is faster. There are two different Ativ S phones, different chipset.

NikosNx

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I use a transcend microsd class 10 16 gb and have no problems. Also, it seems that the phone accesses music in there faster than in my brother's class 4 16 gb (don't remember brand) on same device.

Othmane Boutaleb

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Everybody pleaaaase , I just bought a Samsung Ativ S i8750 .. I want a 16 (or 32) GO microSD Card for it .. now i want you to tell me whats the BEST one for my i8750 (in terms of speed, quality, compatibility ..etc)
Please I want you to tell me the EXACT one : which manufacturer? which class? which version ?..etc (if possible a link to it on amazon or its official website, or just give me its code)
Thank you everybody

ernsthaft

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Everybody pleaaaase , I just bought a Samsung Ativ S i8750 .. I want a 16 (or 32) GO microSD Card for it .. now i want you to tell me whats the BEST one for my i8750 (in terms of speed, quality, compatibility ..etc)
Please I want you to tell me the EXACT one : which manufacturer? which class? which version ?..etc (if possible a link to it on amazon or its official website, or just give me its code)
Thank you everybody

There is no such thing like the BEST, because every single SD card is unique. They all have different performance. Yes, even if you get 10 each of the exactly same card, they will have different performance.
So in Order to determine which one is the best, you have to buy and test as much as you can. But even if you buy thousand, there might be one out there which is better.

Othmane Boutaleb

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
This is not helping me lol.. Look I'm just a student. I wouldn't care about money for getting the best microSD Card for my phone but I would certainly HAAATE to waste money (buying 2 or 3 microSD Cards in order to use only one)
So now I suppose that I'm not gonna have one Final answer agreed by everyone but still .. I would like to hear some of your opinions.
For exemple : since the phone is a Samsung product I guess that a Samsung microSD Card would be the best for it .. Correct me if I'm wrong.
But even more importantly : should it be a class 4 / 6 / 10 ? should it be a microSDHC or XC or grade 1 ..........? etc
Hoping for your quick answers plzz. Thanks

Othmane Boutaleb

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeees I know.. It's one of the best microSD Cards available right now.. but is it the best one FOR The Ativ S i8750 ???
As they said above, each version of the Ativ S needs a specific type of microSD .. but they didn't mention the exact microSD Card, which manufacturer and so... and thats what im looking for

ernsthaft

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeees I know.. It's one of the best microSD Cards available right now.. but is it the best one FOR The Ativ S i8750 ???
As they said above, each version of the Ativ S needs a specific type of microSD .. but they didn't mention the exact microSD Card, which manufacturer and so... and thats what im looking for

That is a myth and people already prove that this is wrong.

There is no Samsung official certification for any specific type of microSD. They are only speed classes and storage classes. They are called specification.

Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

WP8 is only storing multimedia data on microSD.

If you want do a lot of copy and paste or HD recording go for class 6/10/UHS I, if you dont care about this, buy the cheapest Class 2/4.

The manufacture don't matter at all. More important is the resseller, because once your microSD gets broke, you want a fast replacement, right?

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, does anyone else try to store image files copied from your own PC to the SD card in ATIV S? For unknown reason I have to shutdown the device, remove the SD card and insert it to my PC to copy image files. After plugging back in ATIV S, WP8 OS will run a update process to discover all newly-added images in SD card. And this is the part I don't understand, after the update process completes, I look into the phone storage in settings, and find out that the size of "other" item size grows significantly, taking up more free space, making the free space smaller and smaller every time I add new images to SD card. And if I try to delete some images in SD card through WP8 OS, the size of "other" will reduce a bit accordingly, making "free space" a bit larger.

I really don't understand, why does WP8 still cache images in SD card to built-in space? Then what is the meaning of storing images/pictures to external SD card when they still consume the build-in storage space? And will this be fix in GDR2 or even in future GDR3?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon