One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

Oh, what a year!

Windows Central Best of 2016 Awards

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I have a strange issue on my ativ s. I cant upgrade or download apps when i am in my work's wifi but i can surf in the web and in the apps. That means i can visit store, look at the apps but no dowload any of them or upgrade. On 3g i have no problem. Can anyone explain that?.
  2. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    #2  
    Are you able to on your home wifi? It might just be the settings on your work wifi preventing it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stmav View Post
    Are you able to on your home wifi? It might just be the settings on your work wifi preventing it.
    No problem with any other wifi. In the beginning i thought that its the settings of my work wifi but android and ios devices have not the same issue. ???
  4. #4  
    I had this problem when I first had my ATIV S. Said I was connected to Wi-Fi, yet the internet didn't work. I tried these steps, and they seemed to help:

    First, turn Wi-Fi off, then re-enable it. Once you've gotten a connection, try to see then if you can connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, power down your phone, then turn it back on. Please let me know if this works, or if you've already tried this approach.
  5. dw852's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #5  
    Talk to your IT guys. Anything come to the firewall needs to specify a port number. Internet surfing commonly use port 80. So, any other port numbers might be blocked for security reason.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Becker1 View Post
    I had this problem when I first had my ATIV S. Said I was connected to Wi-Fi, yet the internet didn't work. I tried these steps, and they seemed to help:

    First, turn Wi-Fi off, then re-enable it. Once you've gotten a connection, try to see then if you can connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, power down your phone, then turn it back on. Please let me know if this works, or if you've already tried this approach.
    I have no problem to surf the internet. The problem is only present when i try to download or upgrade apps.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dw852 View Post
    Talk to your IT guys. Anything come to the firewall needs to specify a port number. Internet surfing commonly use port 80. So, any other port numbers might be blocked for security reason.
    Thanks. I ll talk to them.

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Should I buy Nokia Lumia 920?
    By tseazk in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 01:55 PM
  2. HTC 8X Crashes with some apps....HELP
    By Rob Dooks in forum HTC 8X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 01:57 AM
  4. Windows Phone 7 to 8 Help
    By ValkyrieM1x in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 11:43 AM
  5. Help with Nokia Pro Cam on 1020
    By Chip O in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions