Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peterfares

Hi,

I plan to get ATIV S and use it on Wind Mobile's network.

Can anyone share the experience using a unlocked one from Bell, Telus or Rogers with Wind's network?

I am aware that MMS does not function if you get the unlocked phone from Bell. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you
    It doesn't function? You may have to reconfigure APN information, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Who told you it wouldn't? So long as the phone supports 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz, you should get almost full functionality (minus LTE):

http://www2.windmobile.ca/media/pdfs...figuration.pdf

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    i have a t899m ativ s, carrier unlocked from rogers and now running on a u.s. mvno called straight talk using at&t towers. if your phone is carrier unlocked you just need to put the correct data/mms apns in. data and mms work fine for me.
    That's not quite the same, as most unlocked Rogers devices should work on AT&T and T-Mobile towers. WIND's network configuration is a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Becker1 View Post
    That's not quite the same, as most unlocked Rogers devices should work on AT&T and T-Mobile towers. WIND's network configuration is a bit different.
    The Canadian T899M is pentaband 3G and band 4 LTE, fully compatible with WIND and TMO-USA. Does NOT support AT&T LTE (except in a select few markets where AT&T has LTE on band 4 and not 17)
    Yes, the T899M should work with no problem on WIND, Mobilicity, and Public Mobile. However, I didn't want any readers unfamiliar with WIND's network to assume that any unlocked device will work with them.

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    right. my unlocked t899 works fine on straight talk using at&t towers but it does not get LTE speeds. at&t LTE bands are not supported by my phone i guess.

Thanks for everyone's input. I am aware of the different frequency from Wind's network. ATIV S has the supporting band so it can be used for sure.
    But when I watch the video from this link, it makes me wonder if MMS will be working properly.
    Goodbye Samsung! Hello HTC! Steve

This guy has ATIV S from Bell but cannot use MMS with Koodo's network.
    So if anyone is using ATIV S with Wind Mobile I will appreciate your feedback.

Another question is for those who get the Canadian version of ATIV S and use it in the States (AT&T or T Mobile), are you able to get GDR 2 update?

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    i have the canadian version of ativ s (carrier unlocked from rogers). using it in the u.s. on at&t towers. have recieved gdr2 update as well as frequent samsung app updates

Anyone has the same problem as mentioned in this link?

Unlocked Telus Samsung Ativ S T899 on Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by jinino View Post
    Anyone has the same problem as mentioned in this link?

Unlocked Telus Samsung Ativ S T899 on Wind
    This isn't uncommon. Lots of others, including myself, have had issues with internet sharing.

Matthew,

Have you tried the method mentioned in this discussion?

Samsung ATIV S T899M on AT&T U.S. w/ internet sharing + MMS + data working great!

Does it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jinino View Post
    Matthew,

Have you tried the method mentioned in this discussion?

Samsung ATIV S T899M on AT&T U.S. w/ internet sharing + MMS + data working great!

Does it work?
    I'm neither on AT&T nor in the US, so no, I haven't.
    You just need the APN settings for your carrier, it will work. Google the Android settings, post them here, I will translate them to WP8 settings.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

i have the same phone and att said my phone was only 2g compatible?!

I have a telus on wind right now (well, the wifes but Im tech support)
    no internet sharing and managed to set it that she can recieve mms, unfortunately, cant send

giving it another week or so otherwise might just switch her to a 920 (have some other hardware issues)

So it's true. Some functions are not available on wind network. Keep us posted dreed2099

^courtesy of mr ilyablu

got internet sharing to work with change of csc to fido
    everything else is same

Unfortunately changing the CSC to Fido takes away LTE (and I could not figure out how to get it back even using the Diagnosis app). So I switched to Rogers CSC (was originally Telus) and lost Internet Sharing again but willing to live with that to have LTE. For MMS, it should work but you will need to setup an MMS APN in Cellular Settings with Wind specific settings.
    Since WIND does not yet have LTE, that trade-off may not be a bad thing.

In which case as long as you're ok with a hard reset of your phone, get the Samsung Diagnosis app (##634# in the dialpad), once in the Diagnosis app type *#321647335 to get into the switch CSC screen, and choose FMC for Fido. Wait for it to prompt you for a hard reset, go through that, and you should be good.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Find more information!

on what sir?