After GDR2 Update: Cannot turn radio on

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I got GDR2 update today..when i tried to turn the radio on i got the following message:
Be sure that your phone is disconnected from your computer..

This happened although it is not connected to my pc, only to the headset
Any suggestions?!?

View attachment 43316

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
There is an entire discussion about that. The point is that there is no FM radio present at this point, so how can you turn on something that is not there?

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
There is an entire discussion about that. The point is that there is no FM radio present at this point, so how can you turn on something that is not there?
You have to update to GDR2 to unlock the FM Radio. You can find it also at Music+Videos>apps
wp_ss_20130916_0003.jpg

tarthyel

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone Ativ S GT-I8750, or which phone version you have? Could you check your firmware version? Its interesting, because you are the first who has an enabled FM Radio after the GDR2.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess you are the lucky one. I have the same OS & firmware, version and the rest but no sign of FM radio. Other than hard reset after GDR2 update, any other thing you did to the phone? Because, as tarthyel said, to my knowledge you are the first Ativ S user with FM radio.

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I guess you are the lucky one. I have the same OS & firmware, version and the rest but no sign of FM radio. Other than hard reset after GDR2 update, any other thing you did to the phone? Because, as tarthyel said, to my knowledge you are the first Ativ S user with FM radio.

Just go here after you update to GDR2; Music and Videos> apps.. If it is there, click on it, then you will find it in the menu apps list.. Actually, after i update to GDR2 i continue use my phone.. No hard reset after the update
wp_ss_20130916_0005.jpg

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I surprised when i search in the internet About the possibility of FM Radio in samsung ativ s.. I found this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/236907-samsung-ativ-s-has-fm-radio.html

I then made a hard rest to the phone and FM Radio is gone!!!!!!!! Nothing even in Music+Videos. I also found an app in the store with the same icon, but when i tried to install it, i found two icons in my apps menu which means the older was came with the update....

azharisadig

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. You somehow installed this: FM Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) before GDR2 update. Or something like that.
But it's not part of Samsung Apps and definetly not working on Ativ S.

Maybe you are right, although i found two icons before the hard reset.. Still many claims that GDR2 will bring FM. Radio to windows phone ... I have doubts about my samsung-ativ-s and i begin to thing that i bought a developer copy or a test version.. this phone is not available in my home country and i bought it from Amazon... it work perfectly so... Thank you for the discussion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre