Background optimization on Samsung Ativ S extra setting. Works???

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys i was wondering can i use a white background on a Samsung Ativ S. I know it drains battery life. But since there is an extra setting on the device on the phone for colour optimization. Does it work? Can i use the white background with the extra setting even though the screen is for dark backgrounds? Does it drain a lot of battery still?

Thanks
12Danny123

Last edited:

Charlie Poels

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i was wondering can i use a white background on a Samsung Ativ S. I know it drains battery life. But since there is an extra setting on the device on the phone for colour optimization. Does it work? Can i use the white background with the extra setting even though the screen is for dark backgrounds? Does it drain a lot of battery still?

Thanks
12Danny123

You can use it. It basically lowers the intensity/brightness by around 30-40% for white colours, so you still save some battery while you use it. Honestly I think its a nice option, might prevent burn-in a bit as well. I use it, still no signs of burn in and I still get just as much battery as I did with a black background. Then again, I'm constantly in apps like Phoney and Whatsapp, XBox music et al

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I use it, and while I use primarily a black theme, it's nice to have when you open up an email and are presented what that big white background (despite using a black email theme). Especially at night, it's nice as you don't quite feel like a supernova is going off in front of your eyes.

Can't comment on battery life though. I did play around with it with a white theme, and yeah, it just seems to be another layer of a brightness setting. I was combining different settings like medium brightness/optimizing on, or high brightness/opt off, but couldn't tell with my naked eye if we could achieve a different level of brightness than medium or high.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
i have the auto display intensity on because i like to use the light background. not sure if it helps battery usage. i really don't pay much attention as my ativ s battery easily lasts me all day and into the next. also use the haptic feedback-on and the echo cancellation-on, in extra settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon