battery behaving strange?

urosinho

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

Would anyone know why has battery discharged in 9 hours without usage, and without any active or background processes? Up to this date I was very satisfied with battery and all of a sudden this happened.
wp_ss_20131119_0001.png

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
If it is just once I would call it a glitch. If it happens again on the next charge there may be an issue in which case I would perform a power cycle before charging.

urosinho

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
If it is just once I would call it a glitch. If it happens again on the next charge there may be an issue in which case I would perform a power cycle before charging.

what is exactly power cycle?
since battery was almost empty i plugged it in to computer at work.

serbanflorian

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
i have the ativ s for over 2 months. the battery life is ok , i get 2.5 days with light-medium usage. the problem appears when i charge the phone. it takes about 4-5 hours to fully charge from 8-10% left. i'm charging with the wall charger (1AMP) original from samsung. the battery is also original too. in the first week it charged in 2 hours like any normal smartphone with 2300 battery. i think the update to gdr2 is the problem. before was ok.. in the background i only have FB, extra settings, insider, youtube and now. if i go to sleep and the phone has 100%, in the morning (after 7-8 hours), drops to 97-98%, and i think it's ok, cause wifi and cellular data are off, backup, sync, BT, location also OFF. so what is wrong? the battery i quess. i used a nokia charger with 0.75amps and it charges exactly the same. also with another 1amp samsung wall cable it's the same. my cable is usb+adapter for wall. i noticed the mini usb has only 4 pins and im preety sure i got it this way. after i searched google it says that that is the cables come this way because the 4th pin (which is missing) is used to verify if you are using usb charging or wall charging - something like that...not sure).. any ideas ? please help...

mughal90

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
After my first charge, from 6am to 11am the battery hasn't drop even 1% with normal usage. Still 100% even after downloading around 300MB of apps and browsing with both 3G and wifi on.

mughal90

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys after 7 and half hr of light usage my battery still 100% :winktongue: the battery icon shows full as well as 3rd party battery app also showing 100%. Is there something wrong with the icon / is it a bug or reality. M starting to become nervous now hehe. I jus got my phone yesterday and this is the first ever full charge.

urosinho

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah, first few weeks it works like charm. later after few apps installed and working in background it will start draining battery more, but for normal usage much less than other smartfones i had/have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel