Is Auto reboot a common bug?

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, my Ativ S (updated to latest official SO version, 10 days ago) auto reset itself. It happens suddenly, without specific reasons. I've already changed my phone returning it to the store, and same problem. It simply turns off and immediately turns on.
It seems to be a common problem of the phone. Is it true?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
think so. it happens once in a week. i think that issue is with WP8 with 512 RAM.
my old Lumia 800 never did so. it all started, when i tried clearing storage on my NL 720.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is a common occurrence.

We're experienced with lumia 625's, and have 620 and 520 devices too - NONE randomly reboot, all have the 512 ram config.

It may be something to do with your network specific rom? Or possibly a faulty batch? I purchased three dud bb q10's at the same time, from the same place....

I do have to say, the 520 and the 620/625 - these are all really good devices, im very impressed with what ms has achieved, at a low price.

Of course, things do go wrong...

Hope you get it sorted and good luck!

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh, they're ALL on windows phone 8, obviously, and all running the gddr3 dev preview... That gddr3 update may help you as there are a load of stability fixes.

benjaminsen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Are we still in the Ativ S forum? If so, I`ve had the same experience with an unlocked/unbranded phone.

Have had 3 - 4 reboots with GDR2, and so far a couple after upgrading to GDR3, all official updates.

It happens randomly and for no reason. But as long as everything else works, I can live with it.

Any other opinion?

mughal90

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
M also having frequent reboots after GDR2, twice a day reboots to be specific, having official malaysian rom. Now thinking of flashing GDR3 which appears to be more stable.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Both me and my girlfriend have the ATIV S. We have not experienced any reboots at all since we got our devices over 5 months ago.

Considering that my LG Optimus 7 suffered from occasional reboots and then died without warning after only 2 years, I would seriously recommend you guys to use the warranty and try to get a new unit.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I found there are two causes of this, the first is an extremely low mobile signal that sometimes triggers a reboot and, this is the more common one, a malfunctioning SD card. My ATIV S used to reboot about once a day until I reformatted the SD Card as exFAT which seems to have fixed the issue for me, it hasn't rebooted since.

John Fungo

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
A WPCentral user has a hunch that the problem is caused by having Bing as your lockscreen. Weird since I never had the problem with my older Lumia 625. Just happens with my 1520 but I still haven't experienced it yet again since I changed m. lockscreen,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
A WPCentral user has a hunch that the problem is caused by having Bing as your lockscreen. Weird since I never had the problem with my older Lumia 625. Just happens with my 1520 but I still haven't experienced it yet again since I changed m. lockscreen,

It's unlikely to be Bing as I've had reboots and never set Bing as my lockscreen. Not only that but this relates to the Samsung ATIV S not the Nokia Lumia.

You might want to check which section of the forum you are in before posting :wink:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Are we still in the Ativ S forum? If so, I`ve had the same experience with an unlocked/unbranded phone.

Have had 3 - 4 reboots with GDR2, and so far a couple after upgrading to GDR3, all official updates.

It happens randomly and for no reason. But as long as everything else works, I can live with it.

Any other opinion?

I was thinking the same thing.

If you are having an issue with a Nokia Lumia then we can't help you, you should be posting in the Nokia Lumia section of the forums for your particular model.

John Fungo

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It's unlikely to be Bing as I've had reboots and never set Bing as my lockscreen. Not only that but this relates to the Samsung ATIV S not the Nokia Lumia.

You might want to check which section of the forum you are in before posting :wink:

I'm sorry. I thought it's for WP in general. But mind you, I experienced the same problem but it didn't occur again.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. I thought it's for WP in general. But mind you, I experienced the same problem but it didn't occur again.

No Problem but you need to remember that there are separate sections for each of the Lumia devices.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I found there are two causes of this, the first is an extremely low mobile signal that sometimes triggers a reboot and, this is the more common one, a malfunctioning SD card. My ATIV S used to reboot about once a day until I reformatted the SD Card as exFAT which seems to have fixed the issue for me, it hasn't rebooted since.

I have 2 or 3 reboots with my 3 months old ATIV S and come to think of it, I was in area with low signal strength.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 or 3 reboots with my 3 months old ATIV S and come to think of it, I was in area with low signal strength.

That would explain it in your case then, it might be worth checking the SD Card, if you use one, as the random reboots can sometimes cause issues with the SD Card as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes