Is Ativ SE coming to Europe?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

Noooo! That wasn't the answer I was looking for. Nooooooooooooo!
It might come but under a different name one day. Just like Nokia Lumia Icon is for USA and Nokia Lumia 930 is for the rest of the world, which in 95% is the same phone (design, dimensions, etc.), just a different name. Also Samsung ATIV S, the model T899 was for Canada, i8750 for International (but this two are the same phone, juts the canadian version had LTE) and Ativ S Neo for USA (tho a slightly weaker device than the previous two and kinda different design on the back) :)
My point was, When it comes to Samsung, expect the unexpected :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Could OP potentially import it? I would think it has GSM radios like the Icon...

I know tales of people importing HP Pre 3's to the US and the 1520 to some other country.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
re:

I would like to have one in Europe too. Have been looking on Ebay, some unlocked Verizon SE's are offered there but still too expensive. Question is also if you will be able to get firmware updates in Europe.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
re:

I would like to have one in Europe too. Have been looking on Ebay, some unlocked Verizon SE's are offered there but still too expensive. Question is also if you will be able to get firmware updates in Europe.

Firmware, yes but you'll have to wait for Verizon to push it out.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yeah I was wondering this too, sad if it doesn't reach Europe as I had eyed it up as a replacement for my ATIV S.
Is your ATIV S broken? Why would you replace it if its working? And ATIV S will get the WP8.1 which will make him even better. I own an ATIV S i8750, and I love it, i don't care if it doesn't have 1080p or 1440p resolution. It gets things done smooth and accurate. For a 4.8" screen, 720p is perfect. Except, ofcorse, you are pixel maniac and want more pixels on your screen :).
My philosophies when it comes to smartphones are: "1. If it's not broken, don't fix it" & "2. You don't change the winning team" , lol

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
re:

Ativ SE has 2GB RAM, better camera and 4 core CPU + LTE support
its a good update for the future
so yes, I would buy it but not the Verizon version. That ugly LOGO OMG.. HATE IT!

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
re:

Ativ SE has 2GB RAM, better camera and 4 core CPU
its a good update for the future
so yes, I would buy it but not the Verizon version. That ugly LOGO OMG.. HATE IT!

Is 2GB of RAM and a Quad Core CPU going to make that big of a difference to an already well optimised OS and software that runs perfectly on the ATIV S?

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ativ Core

The ATIV SE is only for Verizon.
However Samsung will bring a Windows Phone 8.1 in Europe.
See GSMArena news: Samsung to announce ATIV Core Windows Phone 8.1 midranger

Thanks for posting this link ... I wasn't aware of the Core. While I do love my S I'm as shallow as the next man and would gladly upgrade to an SE if it was available in the UK! The Core seems a rather ordinary offering that would take one backwards if anything. Samsung are an odd lot, aren't they? When I finally have to part with my beloved S looks like I'll have a choice of Nokia, Nokia or even perhaps Nokia! What a pity!!

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
re:

Is 2GB of RAM and a Quad Core CPU going to make that big of a difference to an already well optimised OS and software that runs perfectly on the ATIV S?

for me 13MPX camera + LTE support is a MUST have so yes, I would be very happy if I could update
I will wait till christmas and then switch to Nokia 930

dont get me wrong, Ativ S is a very good phone for a super price but I want to have the latest technology in my pocket
its a weird fetish :D

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

Is your ATIV S broken? Why would you replace it if its working? And ATIV S will get the WP8.1 which will make him even better. I own an ATIV S i8750, and I love it, i don't care if it doesn't have 1080p or 1440p resolution. It gets things done smooth and accurate. For a 4.8" screen, 720p is perfect. Except, ofcorse, you are pixel maniac and want more pixels on your screen :).
My philosophies when it comes to smartphones are: "1. If it's not broken, don't fix it" & "2. You don't change the winning team" , lol
No its not broken, but the battery life I am not happy with, and I agree with you, its a perfectly adequate phone for the time being, I tend to replace my phone every two years so had the ATIV SE lined up for 2015.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
re:

No its not broken, but the battery life I am not happy with, and I agree with you, its a perfectly adequate phone for the time being, I tend to replace my phone every two years so had the ATIV SE lined up for 2015.

What's wrong with the battery life, I routinely get a day to a day and a half out of a single charge. If you're expecting Nokia 3210 battery life out of it then not even the ATIV SE will impress in that area!!!

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

What's wrong with the battery life, I routinely get a day to a day and a half out of a single charge. If you're expecting Nokia 3210 battery life out of it then not even the ATIV SE will impress in that area!!!
Don't know if I've got a faulty phone then because mine lasts less than 8 hours when I'm using it moderately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3