Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Mathieu, you might wanna subscribe on this 2 threads too for any further news about your phone:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...99m-8-1-official-samsung-firmware-update.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/sa...ell-canada-ativ-s-firmware-2424-14-9-3-a.html
Of course you can stay here too cuz it is in general about ATIV S, but all talk is mostly about ATIV S i8750 (the international version).
If T899M got the 8.1.1 update, please post here too, so more people can know about it :)
All talk is currently about the i8750 since that update is rolling out first. As you already mentioned, this thread is about any ATIV S. His question is welcome, and I certainly check here to see if there are any updates to the SGH-T899M model.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
All talk is currently about the i8750 since that update is rolling out first. As you already mentioned, this thread is about any ATIV S. His question is welcome, and I certainly check here to see if there are any updates to the SGH-T899M model.

I think i did answer him good, right? :) But thanks, you make it even more clear now for him. Hope we helped him a bit.
(No, I am not being sarcastic here, i really appreciate your comment) :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It seems i don't speak English. How do i know if i received the latest SAMSUNG BASEBAND/ATIV S FIRMWARE UPDATE?

Well, I guess you are not speaking that good. lol (kidding)
You asked that when you turn PfD ON, you got update right away, so that means you are on PfD not the official one (not that there are any differences tho), and how you will know that you got the latest update?
So, I did answer you and even got you a link from a WC article, did you read the article? Did you compare numbers from OS version written in the article with yours? If you don't know how, neo158 just explain you above.
If you are still on PfD, and when you hit the button Check for updates and your phones tells you that your phone is up to date, then you got the latest version. I assume you do know what PfD is and how it works.
Settings>About>More Info: if your OS version is 8.10.14203.306 and your Software revision number is 2424.14.9.3, then you have the latest version. Hope this made it clear now for you. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
ok, thank you. Still on 2424.13.5.1 - means i still have to wait, i guess. how do i check my csc?

- In stock dialer type: ##634# (it will install Diagnosis_Ody81 app)
- Click that app and in its diler type: *#321647335 or *#78*598031 (it's the same). This will open your CSC Converter
- From there you will see which CSC is checked, that's your current CSC running on your phone.
- Do remember (altho i think you already know that), that changing CSC will hard reset your phone, make sure you back up everything you need before changing CSC.

kevcole1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I am curious.two questions:

.Is PfD Windows Phone OS in permanent beta? Because a critical update has been issued as you all know. I am a little confused, why issue a critical update if all PfD phones are being automatically updated/upgraded to Windows phone 8.1 or 8.1.1. BTW this column has been very interesting to follow, great hints/suggestions/observations...keep it up!

My current location is in New Zealand CSC NZC and I personally am still waiting for 8.1 or 8.1.1.

Second question, any evidence that a phone with 8.0 (updated to 8.0 GDR3 from CSC ATO) and back to CSC NZC will have issues updating to Windows phone 8.1 or 8.1.1?

Cheers Kevin

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am curious.two questions:

.Is PfD Windows Phone OS in permanent beta? Because a critical update has been issued as you all know. I am a little confused, why issue a critical update if all PfD phones are being automatically updated/upgraded to Windows phone 8.1 or 8.1.1. BTW this column has been very interesting to follow, great hints/suggestions/observations...keep it up!

My current location is in New Zealand CSC NZC and I personally am still waiting for 8.1 or 8.1.1.

Second question, any evidence that a phone with 8.0 (updated to 8.0 GDR3 from CSC ATO) and back to CSC NZC will have issues updating to Windows phone 8.1 or 8.1.1?

Cheers Kevin

For the first question I think neo158 is more competent to answer you cuz he is rolling 8.1.1 PfD. All I can say is that even if it's called Critical Update, it's not that critical, that's just a patch. If you do understand what PfD actually is, then you already know your answer, but like i said, a help from neo158 explaining will be good.
On the second question: No, you will not have issues. Since you already have both NZC and ATO present on your phone (among all others) that means that whatever CSC you choose, it will work with your carrier. For example, some people have just 1, some have 5, or 10, or 40 (like i have, lol). I did tested this first time i bought my ATIV S i8750 and when i learn what CSC is exactly, and from those 40 different CSC's on my phone I randomly choose 20 of them and in every one of those 20, my phone worked. (yes i know, that's a lot of hard resets, do not do that anytime, I got lucky not damaging something on my phone, lol)

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.Please be kind!

Some months ago, an update (can't remember which one) disabled the Internet Sharing on my Ativ-S (Australian unlocked CSC XSA). I recently followed the instructions in this thread to flash the phone back to GDR1 and set a new CSC (ATO) which would then get the latest Samsung firmware and 8.1 Update 1. This all worked fine, but I still had no Internet Sharing. I guess the ATO CSC restricts Internet Sharing because of some carrier constraint. So I then reset the CSC to XEO. The ROM I flashed only had a few apart from ATO and this started with X, so I guessed it would be unrestricted. In fact, that then gave me Internet Sharing, so I'm now happy with the phone.

However, I'm now curious as to whether I should stay with this CSC or should I go back to my original unrestricted Australian CSC: XSA when I learn from this forum that 8.1 Update 1 is being delivered to XSA? What would be the disadvantages of staying with XEO?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.Please be kind!

Some months ago, an update (can't remember which one) disabled the Internet Sharing on my Ativ-S (Australian unlocked CSC XSA). I recently followed the instructions in this thread to flash the phone back to GDR1 and set a new CSC (ATO) which would then get the latest Samsung firmware and 8.1 Update 1. This all worked fine, but I still had no Internet Sharing. I guess the ATO CSC restricts Internet Sharing because of some carrier constraint. So I then reset the CSC to XEO. The ROM I flashed only had a few apart from ATO and this started with X, so I guessed it would be unrestricted. In fact, that then gave me Internet Sharing, so I'm now happy with the phone.

However, I'm now curious as to whether I should stay with this CSC or should I go back to my original unrestricted Australian CSC: XSA when I learn from this forum that 8.1 Update 1 is being delivered to XSA? What would be the disadvantages of staying with XEO?

What other CSC's you have on your phone?
If you read the opening post (which i assume you did) you already know that so far CSC's that got official Samsung WP8.1.1 firmware (not PfD) are: ATO, NEE, DBT, BTU, PHN and TGY
For this we have legit confirmation, maybe there are other CSC's getting official WP8.1.1 but we haven't heard from those people by now.

Twigglet12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
What other CSC's you have on your phone?
If you read the opening post (which i assume you did) you already know that so far CSC's that got official Samsung WP8.1.1 firmware (not PfD) are: ATO, NEE, DBT, BTU, PHN and TGY
For this we have legit confirmation, maybe there are other CSC's getting official WP8.1.1 but we haven't heard from those people by now.

I have ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO. I suppose I could have flashed a different ROM and got others. I'm not sure why you ask that.

My question was: "...should I go back to my original unrestricted Australian CSC: XSA when I learn from this forum that 8.1 Update 1 is being delivered to XSA? What would be the disadvantages of staying with XEO?"

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO. I suppose I could have flashed a different ROM and got others. I'm not sure why you ask that.

My question was: "...should I go back to my original unrestricted Australian CSC: XSA when I learn from this forum that 8.1 Update 1 is being delivered to XSA? What would be the disadvantages of staying with XEO?"

Personally what I would do (I'm in Australia) is flash the WP8 GDR2-3 ROM/Firmware (PM me if you need a copy) selecting CSC:NEE when flashing.

• Upgrade to Samsung 8.1 update 1
    change CSC using Samsung diagnostic app to XSA
Restore backup when setting phone up again.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Well I did ask you that cuz if you read some of the pages of this thread you would know why i ask you this.
Anyway, what i am asking you now is: Is your final goal to get Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 on your phone?
If so, here is what you gonna do:
- You already have 3 of the CSC's on your phone that will get you to the official WP8.1.1
- Use any of those 3 (ATO, BTU, DBT) to get yourself up to WP8.1.1
- Then, see if your phone will work with that CSC (like, APN, SMS, MMS, etc) if it works, keep it that way, keep the CSC.
- If it's not working, then you can safely switch back to your prefered CSC (Don't worry, you will still have the latest OS)
We can't possibly tell you what are the advantages and disadvantages of one CSC over the other, that's carrier/region related. From my experience, usually all CSC's are the same with fewer differences here and there carrier related.
So is it now more clearer for you? :)
Report back what you will do if you don't mind, cuz the more info we have, the better this thread will be for newcomers :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism