Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys, any suggestion for us (Malaysian own ATIV S) regarding 8.1.1 update? Sell it? Wait for it? Or errrr.. switch to Andrew? (cant say dat word in here)... I luv my ATIV S but Sammy pls say somethin? Its already March 2015 man! ��

You did read the opening post on this thread right? I mean, the FIRST post on this thread. Or you didn't? :)

iceman345

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys!
I flashed my phone, with the method from the opening post, i was on t mobile DTM, and could change to TNL and MAX, and neither of those cscs got 8.1.1.
While flashing it and then updating it everything went smoothly, but I have a problem with camera. When language is set to Serbian my camera does not work, when I revert it back to english t works.
Dusan Randj mentioned that problem somwhere around page 50, but it was in developers preview, not official 8.1.1.
And one more question, after updating it,I had Cortana installed, but after update I did a harde reset, and now she's gone, I can't find it in the store, what happened?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, camera doesn't work on Serbian on official 8.1.. You have to change to English or other language and it'll work. No way around sobfar.
Check regional settings and language. It have to be set to US English and etc. for Cortana.

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
The camera problem is still there with serbian, but seeing that ATIV SE received the firmware update we might expect samsung to finally release Ativ Camera that will be alternative to integrated MS one.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an Ativ S, ATO CSC, with the software version that you will see in the screenshot.

wp_ss_20150305_0001.jpg

It is running Developer Preview. If I try to search for updates, an error message will be displayed with a code (sorry, I did not write it down). I can add it later if needed.

If I uncheck the option to be in the Developers Preview inside the corresponding app, and I go to Phone Update, it will tell me that the phone is up to date. :unhappy:

I have many camera bugs (flash fires randomly, and I cannot film). :angry:

What should I do??? :cry:

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an Ativ S, ATO CSC, with the software version that you will see in the screenshot.

View attachment 98998

It is running Developer Preview. If I try to search for updates, an error message will be displayed with a code (sorry, I did not write it down). I can add it later if needed.

If I uncheck the option to be in the Developers Preview inside the corresponding app, and I go to Phone Update, it will tell me that the phone is up to date. :unhappy:

What other CSC's you have? Do you have any of the CSC that got the WP8.1.1 officially? (they are mention in the first post of this thread) :)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

View attachment 98998

If I'm not wrong, you have the GDR3 firmware with 8.1 software. So far, acording to my and experience from people on this thread it won't update to 8.1.1 official.
SImple solution is to do as shown in post 1, flash it with GDR2 and allow it to update to official 8.1.1 and bring you the joy of you reborn phone.

Or try changing (if possible) to some of CSCs as shown in first post and see if it will update, but most likely it won't.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So far, I'm loving it! It feels like a new phone again ;D I'll try to get to 10 post and do some screenshots! Which probably be the same as everyone else with the update...

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I lied again...I don't see the button to say upload image...I mean I see the upload image button but I don't see the final button to upload it.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not wrong, you have the GDR3 firmware with 8.1 software. So far, acording to my and experience from people on this thread it won't update to 8.1.1 official.
SImple solution is to do as shown in post 1, flash it with GDR2 and allow it to update to official 8.1.1 and bring you the joy of you reborn phone.

Or try changing (if possible) to some of CSCs as shown in first post and see if it will update, but most likely it won't.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I think it has GDR3 firmware.

Bummer, I will have to try the more complex solution. :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)