Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, just maybe they are silent with this as one kind of test the new firmware, once they recieve positive feedback, they already have the firmware, but small changes will be made for the region thing and they will push it world wide. :)
I am too optimistic, right? LOL
I think it's an Austria plan, everybody here wanna be Austrian now! lol :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, it certainly is an honour to have Daniel himself in our topic :) Anyways, thanks for letting me know that update is useless and i was thinking about why you didn't write an article before. It really looks confusing and is time consuming, but we can only blame samsung for that. It really is shame that Samsung as company is so quiet in windows phone world, and is non cooperative even when it comes to official things.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Last minute doubt... I have an update, downloaded yet not installed. Will it stay there forever unless I hard reset, right? I don't see any abort option ...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That test of the critical update system actually fixed some minor issues on my ATIV S on the PfD. The popping sound through the headphones was fixed for me along with the excessive battery drain and the phone seems to have no issues with the blank tiles when scrolling now.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, Dragone, can you post screenshots from your phone providing us with OS version, Firmware Revision Number and Bootloader Number? Don't write them here, just make a screenshot. :)
If this is true, then this is an awesome news guys (for the one on DP) :)

Dude you completely missed my posts, didn't you ?
I suggest you to read again the last pages of this thread, page 45 to be accurate :)

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyway the Critical Update has nothing to do with Samsung, of course.

I can confirm that I didn't experience none of the bugs caused by AtivS + Windows Phone 8.1.1 since the firmware update (camera, ringtone etc etc)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Dude you completely missed my posts, didn't you ?
I suggest you to read again the last pages of this thread, page 45 to be accurate :)
No dude i haven't missed your posts, cuz the moment i wrote that post you already had posted the screenshots, and i forgot to go back and edit my post. :) simple mismatching with time :)
Did you read the post after that post of mine? Guess not :) Go read it :)
Guess i need to go and edit my post, right? or we can leave it like that? What you suggesting Dragone?

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
No dude i haven't missed your posts, cuz the moment i wrote that post you already had posted the screenshots, and i forgot to go back and edit my post. :) simple mismatching with time :)
Did you read the post after that post of mine? Guess not :) Go read it :)
Guess i need to go and edit my post, right? or we can leave it like that? What you suggesting Dragone?

I posted the screenshots a couple of days before your posts, so the moment you asked for them they were already published the day before. This is no time mismatching problem . But hei, you can still believe what you want to.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

If you say so :)
But did you saw on which post i did reply? to Pedro Nogueira1. And screenshots you upload you were saying that they were before first update, second update, etc. Next time be more clear.
Wow, i was just answering to Dragone and requested a screenshots from him for confirmation and BAM, you posted this, LOL.
This is good, very good news. Now all that have this like Dragone & Pedro Nogueira1, we are expecting to give us a good feedback, what's working, what's not, impressions, blah blah blah.
As you can see i did acknowledge that you have the latest update on PfD. But i guess you skip that part. I do admit that i didn't saw it first time. Nevermind, forget it! :) it's all cool

Last edited:

HKATIVS

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
That in the screenshot you provided is WP8 GDR3.
Hi Boris.

Yes, I am currently on WP 8 GDR3. It has been running smoothly with no problems for the last six months. But I do like the new features of WP8.1 and would really like to update my phone.

Anyway, I took a gamble and downloaded the update out of curiosity. It turns out to be a pre WP8.1 patch which needs to be installed before I can upgrade to full WP 8.1

WP81.png

I think I will wait and see if there are any further reports from other Hong Kong ATIV S, WP 8 GDR 3, CSC: TGY, and Firmware :2608.13.01.1 that have already installed the latest updates. Before I go ahead and take the plunge.

Please share your experience and most importantly, does the update include Samsung firmware update.:straight:

As I mentioned before, I tried the WP 8.1 Developer Preview and it messed up my phone.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Boris.

Yes, I am currently on WP 8 GDR3. It has been running smoothly with no problems for the last six months. But I do like the new features of WP8.1 and would really like to update my phone.

Anyway, I took a gamble and downloaded the update out of curiosity. It turns out to be a pre WP8.1 patch which needs to be installed before I can upgrade to full WP 8.1

View attachment 85637

I think I will wait and see if there are any further reports from other Hong Kong ATIV S, WP 8 GDR 3, CSC: TGY, and Firmware :2608.13.01.1 that have already installed the latest updates. Before I go ahead and take the plunge.

Please share your experience and most importantly, does the update include Samsung firmware update.:straight:

As I mentioned before, I tried the WP 8.1 Developer Preview and it messed up my phone.

About the experience with the new WP8.1.1, you should really browse few pages back, there are people that get ti and shared their experiences, I am still on WP8 GDR3 with NEE CSS, waiting to see when it will get the official firmware, altho i do have ATO among 40 other CSC's on my phone. So, whatever update will come your way (but not a PfD update) just install it. Make screenshots on the About page before update, the Update page information (that updates are ready to install) and also make again a screenshot of the About page after the installation completes and your phone reboots, so we can confirm that beside ATO, TGY is getting the same official Samsung firmware 8.1.1.

Appalling Outlook

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest (DfP) update (the bugfix one), but the firmware, hardware, radio software and bootloader version numbers are not completely up to date, compared to some other posters screenshots. Is this due to not having the official update yet (I'm on CSC:NEE, Nordic/Norway)?
screenshot.png

AO

Last edited:

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset to fix battery issue, Geo.

Hard reset done, now the battery seems to be ok, it lasts around two days using only surfing on the internet. I also have had a few apps on, deactivating them helped a bit, for instance the GPS was on, battery eater:)
The problem is the information on the battery saver, no matter when the battery has been charged, I am getting the time since last charge one hour ago, in spite of charging it 18 hours ago! The battery saver I keep it off.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That bug in Battery Sense was caused by the switch off of the Daylight Saving Time. Happened to Nokias as well.. ;)

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99